Cornish Thread

Pics
102759_055.jpg
my dark pair. he weighs in at 3 lbs-14 oz, she 2lbs-4 oz.
102759_047.jpg

102759_038.jpg

102759_040.jpg

102759_037.jpg

102759_049.jpg

102759_045.jpg

she fits into bantam, def NOT standard birds. he is molting. a few of them have the crooked toes, is this because they are so heavy or possibly an injury?

Please excuse the molting feathers, but the LF hen to the right of center gives you an idea of the short body length and wide shoulders tapering abruptly towards the tail that even bantam Cornish are supposed to have. They look heart shaped when viewed from behind above.

44349_cornish_019.jpg

102759_032.jpg
I bought these guys as a trio
102759_024.jpg

102759_022.jpg
"Egor", molting, weighs 3lbs-14oz. 2 yrs.
102759_031.jpg

102759_012.jpg
Egors daughter "Jessie" 1lb-15oz 8 mnths old.
102759_013.jpg

102759_020.jpg
"precious" 2lbs-7oz 2yrs old.
102759_016.jpg

Quote:
Better bantams. Your's? The crooked toes seem to be an all too commmon fault with Cornish.

yes, these are my darks, Is the roo TOO big to fit bantam?

I'm no expert by any means.. but the coloring on your WLR hens, is WAY off I do believe.. the one is almost white...

and they looking nothing like my WLR Cornish...

Now, your DC, look quite acceptable, and comparable to my birds, and the others I have seen...

I like your DC, not so much your other 3...

personaly opinion I do believe...

Maybe someone else will chime in, as to what the differences in lacing should be, or shouldn't be b/w the darks and WLR... I always assumed it to be quite similar... a dark red colored feather, with either white, or dark laces contrasting on every feather....

I have only owned a few cornish just for fun but I have judged many. The one thing that I notice varies most from the standard on cornish is eye color. I cant tell you how many times I have seen cornish with near black eyes or red eyes. I think out of all the birds Ive judged I have only seen 4 cornish with proper pearl eyes and when I did it was rather stunning

Quote:
Better bantams. Your's? The crooked toes seem to be an all too commmon fault with Cornish.

yes, these are my darks, Is the roo TOO big to fit bantam?

idunno.gif
but he looks to be the right size, though would be too big for the standard targeted weight if your scales are accurate. [18 oz over but he doesn't look it.] I'm not an an expert or even come close, just starting to learn about Cornish myself and hopeing to pass on what little I've learned....................... I'm actually interested in LFs but spent a few hours looking at his birds and learning from a breeder of Cornish bantams last Sat.............................. he's bred many generations of them and had a lot of information to pass on.

I tried to get pics from the side, but she's free ranged too long and bit nervous about being caged and handled.................. and it's raining now.

44349_cornish_034.jpg

44349_cornish_033.jpg

While her eye is light colored, it's still not pearl. Eye color is very low on my list of priorities when balanced against the other things this pullet needs improoved, and is probably low on most breeders lists of Cornish attributes, yet after she fills out [IMO] she wouldn't be terrible place to start from if I wanted to get started in bantams. To her breeder, she's a cull, and completely below considering to keep.

Back
Top Bottom