Cornish Thread

I was admiring my Cornish today- they have such lovely feathers. I just love this breed. I love all my chickens and especially my Buckeyes but definitely, there's something exceptional about Cornish. Even if they aren't exhibition ones. That's not white in the feathers, it's how the shine photographs.

Here is a

VERY distant cousin. Nothing as beautiful as an iridescent sheen. Except under your car on a wet parking lot.

He is half Ga Noi, and half Asil, I like his back. I crossed some Asil with what are basically the equivalent of OEG standard fowl, and didn't get Cornish, don't know what happened, maybe you have to do it in England for it to work.
big_smile.png

If you're not a nutritionist, and don't have a degree, or really any classes either-- then I suggest letting the professionals formulate rations.

My birds get plenty of meat protein and have for almost 80 years, considering I feed my birds the same as my dad and grand pa did and there have been NO problems due to high levels of excellent quality protein that has been feed pretty much the same way and at the same levels all this time.

You can feed your birds as you see fit and I will do as I please.

Way to be progressive...

I don't give a hoot for sensitive people,or closed minds. Common sense would tell you the more you can approximate a natural diet,the better off you are. Fixing.g to start giving mine fish.

Back
Top Bottom