Cornish Thread

It's true, my hens are all to dark- which I like, too. I guess that's one of the benefits of not breeding strictly to the SOP !
lol.png

I know that SOP is very important to all of those who breed with intent to show their birds, but I think my chicks from TSC are pretty perfect just as they are!
yippiechickie.gif

We have several hatchery dark cornish that have almost all gone broody. To my dad it's a curse but to my sister, it's wonderful and she has eggs under all that set.

Jason ......# 1 Son

ETA...Dad will be out of commission for a while
due to an unfortunate accident.

Last edited:
Hellbender get well soon. And I started raising Dark Cornish just because they go broody. Automatic replacements. And no they're not SOP I breed away from that. But they do look good to me.

This is one of my Barred Rock x Cornish Rock pullets, he is 18 days old. I do believe its a male but we shall see. Theyre mostly white with dark spots, all of the ones that hatched together weigh 11.0 - 12.4 ounces at 18 days...have to work rest of week so might not be able to do a 21 day photo shoot!

Chicks as 2 day olds

Sambat, they look nice and chunky! Pretty chicks. I have some Buckeye/dark cornish in the incubator, I'm curious to see how they turn out. I doubt they will be anywhere near as big as your chicks at that age, but it will be a fun project.

Last edited:

This is one of my Barred Rock x Cornish Rock pullets, he is 18 days old. I do believe its a male but we shall see. Theyre mostly white with dark spots, all of the ones that hatched together weigh 11.0 - 12.4 ounces at 18 days...have to work rest of week so might not be able to do a 21 day photo shoot!

Chicks as 2 day olds
Take note of the spotted ones to see if they are females.

Thanks you gals, will take note as suggested to see about coloring and gender. Just trying to get my Cornish X male to give me some good eggs with my dark cornish hens

Back
Top Bottom