Cornish Thread

My chicks. Outta what's below and a white with black on her tail feathers hen. And a RIR roo. They are all Free range.

She started setting right after the others hatched out of the incubator.

Not a good pic of him, but I still like him.

2 chicks are hers. She's running with the rest and 2 bantam Cornish roo's. Not sure if the chicks are all bantam or part big chicken.
I know her eggs are the same size as my big dark Cornish hens.

Thanks pal, the last is a Blue laced Wyndotte Bantam, the only one to hatch from 12 very expensive eggs !!

Happy with these Cornish so far, looking forward to see how they turn out.

Ouch, only one.......... hopefully your chick grows up to be a nice one. I had ZERO result from two dozen shipped Buckeye eggs this spring so I know how that goes!

every so often I get a monster

Any one out there ever find a nick with Bantam cornish, i do not show , my thoughts are on meat birds, I have 2 white bantam cornish hens need plans for next spring.

Any one out there ever find a nick with Bantam cornish, i do not show , my thoughts are on meat birds, I have 2 white bantam cornish hens need plans for next spring.

I just butchered 10 little roo's I ordered from Ideal at 5 months. I ordered Blue and spangled to see what I'd think would look better after they grew up. Butchered the extra and all the blues. I decided to keep a couple of the spangled. 2 fit nicely in a 1gl Ziploc. I smoked 2 and they were great. 4 more will be at the wedding next month.

Back
Top Bottom