Cornish Thread

I could've butchered a month or 2 earlier. And spent over a month saying I'm going to go do that. And I didn't.
You can always order some more, and try again!
mmmmm smoked chicken...............
droolin.gif

You can always order some more, and try again!
mmmmm smoked chicken...............
droolin.gif

I may order some more to get a few more hens, but am planning on letting anything that sets set and keep the extra hens and eat the extra little roos. I don't have to clean as many at a time if they do it every month or so. Then Sunday dinner or smoked to go with a BBQ.

I may order some more to get a few more hens, but am planning on letting anything that sets set and keep the extra hens and eat the extra little roos. I don't have to clean as many at a time if they do it every month or so. Then Sunday dinner or smoked to go with a BBQ.
are the Bantam cornish quicker at growing out ? Ive been told they meat out faster than the Standard dark cornish.

are the Bantam cornish quicker at growing out ? Ive been told they meat out faster than the Standard dark cornish.

A little. But still a good 3 months to get a big'en. I wish I could remember how old they were when I wanted to butcher. They didn't get much bigger and I waited a long long time to get off my bu%% to actually do it.

Just lost a lovely Dark laced Cornish Pullet to a dog attack !!!!
Never seen the dog before and after breaking a stick over its back probably never will again.

I'm wondering if it's just not meant to be with these Cornish this last year.

It was only 1 of 2 I got from my first hatch
The other is a nice Blue cockerel at about 11 weeks now.

Luckily I have a batch of chicks coming through which are doing well so finger crossed.

Last edited:
Nice looking roo. My Blue Bantams were much more blue. They may not have been supposed to. Yours at still a young age looks half Dark C, or is it just me?
Wanting to know because I may be incubating a few of my 1 blue hens eggs and don't want what it's not supposed to look like. I'm not home or I'd send pics of her.

Back
Top Bottom