Cornish Thread

One of the Black Maran x Cornish, i gifted a friend.

Thanks Dave.... I lost my dark rooster this summer to wild house cat that hung around for a while.... He was my favorite rooster... I gave the remaining hens to a friend. Only have the white cornish and buckeyes now....
That's really crap FD Sometimes it's too tempting to have to many breeds so in one way it will let you concentrate on the 2 remaining.

Hello all! We are looking for some cornish birds to raise for meat birds, I didn't realize they were so hard to locate. We are located in southern Iowa. Can anyone maybe point me in a good direction on where I can find some quality cornish we can raise and breed for meat production? Thanks!

Hello all! We are looking for some cornish birds to raise for meat birds, I didn't realize they were so hard to locate. We are located in southern Iowa. Can anyone maybe point me in a good direction on where I can find some quality cornish we can raise and breed for meat production? Thanks!

I got my LG Dark Cornish from McMurray and my bantam speckled from Ideal. Most were very nice birds and plenty of quality for what I need. I just breed the ones that I like and eat the lesser quality. I like Ideals variety better. And if you order from them once they have email specials they always send that make them only $1-2. Check the specials and you may have to get a bunch but if your looking for meat you can eat the extra.

If you are looking for SOP,look up "Cornish Only" and "SOP Cornish" or it might be cornish sop....can't remember. Any way look it up on Facebook. There is man by the name of Edwin Smith who has the best looking dark and whites I've seen.

Last edited:
I just released Foghorn(cx) and the two surviving cx hens into the free range crowd. I was leery of letting Foghorn fend against the other younger roosters. I shouldn't have been. :)
When the feathers settled he was strutting!! Of the hens,one is running all over the yard,its truly a sight to behold.lol

Back
Top Bottom