Cornish Thread

How is Bam bam doing Linda? I really like that bird!
smile.png
Doing great. My problem is he is related to everyone. I need to move on to the next generation. I may retire him and use my F2's. I really like the F1's he produced with Guin.

Last edited:
Doing great. My problem is he is related to everyone. I need to move on to the next generation. I may retire him and use my F2's. I really like the F2's he produced with Guin.

You can breed unless they are full siblings... unless you are trying to avoid that route. I just bred a 4th generation of birds and used two related birds for the first time. The hen was the grandmother to the rooster, both with great genetics.

You can breed unless they are full siblings... unless you are trying to avoid that route. I just bred a 4th generation of birds and used two related birds for the first time. The hen was the grandmother to the rooster, both with great genetics.
There are some telescopic combs. I believe Guinevere, the mother is the better bird, so I am breeding back to her. BamBam is most likely related to Guinevere, they are good for F1/F2. We get the big comb about 15% in F1. So I have selected a nice son to carry on with. BamBam is good for crossbred stock. He has some big SOP faults that Guinevere does not have.

F3 - 7/8 Dark Cornish 1/8CX project bird hatched 10/1/2016 79 days old today 6 lbs 6 oz.

How were the first generation or two with the DC/CX cross? I was planning on using my DC to cross with several other breeds that I have to see if any of them are particularly good for meat. I hadn't considered crossing with CX, but that would actually make a lot of sense! :)

How were the first generation or two with the DC/CX cross? I was planning on using my DC to cross with several other breeds that I have to see if any of them are particularly good for meat. I hadn't considered crossing with CX, but that would actually make a lot of sense! :)
F1 Cockbird

F1 pullet

F1 Cockbird

F1 cockerel

F1 pullets

F1 pullet

F1 as game hens

F1 pullet

F1 cockerel

F1's

F2 3/4 DC pullets with F1 50%DC 50%CX Cockbird

F2 3/4 DC pullet

F2 3/4 DC pullet

F2 3/4 DC pullet

F2 3/4DC pullet

F2 3/4DC cockerel

F2 group

F2 cockerel

F2 3/4DC pullet

Back
Top Bottom