Cornish Thread

Quote:
Yes, it sure is.
But I'm definitely interested in the possibility of getting hold of a spangled male. I really enjoy this coloring on the bird. I'll try to get updated pics soon, since she is laying and such now!

Quote:
Same here! I got this one by luck of the draw but it's definitely a favorite of mine. I guess you'd have to see it around/in comparison to the others to see how small, yet broad it is. Very unique bird, to mem

Quote:
Yes, it sure is.
But I'm definitely interested in the possibility of getting hold of a spangled male. I really enjoy this coloring on the bird. I'll try to get updated pics soon, since she is laying and such now!

The only person who I know has them is ACAHardy www.acahadypoultry.com/cornish.html , but i talked to him a few weeks ago and he didn't have any available
hmm.png
I know natures hatchery has some too but I wouldn't suggest that route! I think spangled and mottled Cornish are the cutest!

Quote:
Yes, it sure is.

The only person who I know has them is ACAHardy www.acahadypoultry.com/cornish.html , but i talked to him a few weeks ago and he didn't have any available
hmm.png
I know natures hatchery has some too but I wouldn't suggest that route! I think spangled and mottled Cornish are the cutest!

Thank you for the heads up! I really appreciate that.
Also, it's great that you posted all the info you did. That makes these threads much better!

IMG00075-20110205-1425.jpg

Out of the newer pictures I took, this is the only one I can find the little turkey in. But, on the bright side, it does almost look like her and the OE are posing broadside for me, which is nice...

she will be more evenly spangled when she is about two years old, as the tend to get more white spangling as they get older.

If you get a Dark male and do some careful inbreeding can make spangleds, from them as the spangled is a recessive from the darks.

I am a Cornish breeder and currently have Mostly very rare and hard to find Standard White Cornish, White laced red, and just now starting in Dark Cornish. Here are a few of what I have in my breeder pen's.

AL

My favorite big standard white Rooster
10364_img_0713.jpg

10364_img_1227.jpg

10364_img_0711.jpg

10364_img_0710.jpg

The new stud on the block, still young but eager and fertile
10364_img_1228.jpg

White laced Red Rooster
10364_img_1092.jpg

10364_img_1091.jpg

Some teens hatched in Feb

10364_img_1262.jpg

10364_img_1263.jpg

10364_img_1261.jpg

And some young Darks I hatched also in Feb

10364_img_1308.jpg

10364_img_1313.jpg

10364_img_1258.jpg

My dark breeder hen's

10364_img_1234.jpg

10364_img_1232.jpg

10364_img_1087.jpg

10364_img_1088.jpg

Anyway sorry for all the pic's but that is some of what I have going right now. I have hatched allot of whites also this spring and I am still going to continue on hatching them as well as the dark's & WLR all summer, in hopes of having some good stock on the ground for next springs breeding season.

AL

Back
Top Bottom