Cornish Thread

Quote:
Thank you Illia; I feel blessed to have them, and hope to be able to pay the blessing forward. The breeder that had them was really more into his bantams [which were truly outstanding], and said he would part with any of his large fowl but three....................... I came home with all but those three. LOL He had had a quad, but lost some to a dog, so I will have to wait a few weeks for a male to come of age.

yay, Hi, I just found this thread. I have some dark and some light cornish. I have a question about them. i was told they only come in standard. Mine are small but heavy birds,,, are there LARGER ones that are known as standard? or are they confused for Banatam for their size? Can anyone elaborate on this for me?

102759_149.jpg

Here are two that I have pictures of currently. Egor and Precious. He's molting and looks a bit naked right now. I have 12 of their eggs under another hen right now. I plan on selling eggs and chicks mid-winter/ spring time. I have another WLR pullet, a pair of dark cornish, and a couple of chicks growing out. Would like to add more to my bloodlines over the next year. I just started breeding the cornish this year. (very small scale) LOVE THEM ALL!

Quote:
According to the APA standard of perfection, adult Cornish males are to weigh 10 1/2 lbs, hens 8 lbs. There are many more APA accepted varities of bantam Cornish than large fowl, and adult bantam males are to weigh 44 oz, hens 36 oz; for showing Cornish bantams, if two birds being shown are equal in all other respects, the smaller of the two is placed ahead of the other.

Quote:
those are not very "cornish-y" looking... What color would you call the hen? A dirty, corn stained white?

Quote:
those are not very "cornish-y" looking... What color would you call the hen? A dirty, corn stained white?

I was thinking that some of the pictures posted of the darks were not very cornishy, with looser feathers and fluffier heads. the lighter one is a RLW. I have not weighed them, but guessing the roos I have are weighing more like 10 lbs. I will get some better pictures of them today and post them.

Quote:

I was thinking that some of the pictures posted of the darks were not very cornishy, with looser feathers and fluffier heads. the lighter one is a RLW. I have not weighed them, but guessing the roos I have are weighing more like 10 lbs. I will get some better pictures of them today and post them.

oops I meant she was WLR

Back
Top Bottom