Cornish with yellowish lump emerging from skin

Nov 26, 2021
So this Cornish had a red lump for a while, this was thought to just be some fat or something but I just checked it and realised an odd yellowish thing is now revealed. This is by the back of her left leg. There is no blood whatsoever and her skin around it seems fine
This was at first a bump that was underneath her skin (images in this thread). She’s acting completely normal and seems fine other than her loosing some weight (and of course the yellowish bump).
She didn’t loose too much weight but this could also be due to the diet she was put on, the new diet is pretty much her normal diet just with less feed - she’s still getting a full crop every day.

Any ideas of what this is?

Attachments

• 961829C9-86BF-457C-B65B-FE28A24C916F.jpeg
    961829C9-86BF-457C-B65B-FE28A24C916F.jpeg
    590.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 62778BF2-1989-47AB-9235-07D7563AB792.jpeg
    62778BF2-1989-47AB-9235-07D7563AB792.jpeg
    561.3 KB · Views: 7
Is she acting ok within herself?

Hard to explain, but to me it looks like a mass that you'd see with EYP or Internal Laying, but it's slowly emerging out of the coelomic wall, but so far her body has been able to contain it and her skin is healing as it goes.
Did she ever have FlyStrike?

Just my 2¢ I would not mess with it unless you see a vet. Then I'm not sure what they could do.

Is she acting ok within herself?

Hard to explain, but to me it looks like a mass that you'd see with EYP or Internal Laying, but it's slowly emerging out of the coelomic wall, but so far her body has been able to contain it and her skin is healing as it goes.
Did she ever have FlyStrike?

Just my 2¢ I would not mess with it unless you see a vet. Then I'm not sure what they could do.
She’s never had Fly strike

Well the yellow bump was emerging more but she died of organ failure sadly. I knew it was going to happen, but she had a good 2 years at least.
She’s my final Cornish cross so I don’t think I’ll be getting more

Well the yellow bump was emerging more but she died of organ failure sadly. I knew it was going to happen, but she had a good 2 years at least.
She’s my final Cornish cross so I don’t think I’ll be getting more
I'm sorry to hear she died. :hugs

Did you happen to do a necropsy to find out what that was? It's understandable if you didn't.

2 years for a Cornish Cross is good since most process them at around 8-12wks of age, so she lived a long time. Doesn't make it any easier though. I've never had CX, but some have successfully raised them past a year and they said they were very sweet birds.

I'm sorry to hear she died. :hugs

Did you happen to do a necropsy to find out what that was? It's understandable if you didn't.

2 years for a Cornish Cross is good since most process them at around 8-12wks of age, so she lived a long time. Doesn't make it any easier though. I've never had CX, but some have successfully raised them past a year and they said they were very sweet birds.
I wanted to do a necropsy but I was away when she died sadly

So this Cornish had a red lump for a while, this was thought to just be some fat or something but I just checked it and realised an odd yellowish thing is now revealed. This is by the back of her left leg. There is no blood whatsoever and her skin around it seems fine
This was at first a bump that was underneath her skin (images in this thread). She’s acting completely normal and seems fine other than her loosing some weight (and of course the yellowish bump).
She didn’t loose too much weight but this could also be due to the diet she was put on, the new diet is pretty much her normal diet just with less feed - she’s still getting a full crop every day.

Any ideas of what this is?
That looks malignant.
Poor girl, sorry you lost her

Back
Top Bottom