Cornish x Babies Are Here!!! ***UPDATE WITH PICS!***

Quote:
I'm with you I do like them.
They make me laugh. When running they have to use their wings to boost them. I kept some of the first batch which at 12 weeks I got 8 lb and 7lb and 6 1/2 lbs. I have 2 more girls that are 14 weeks and will be done monday or tuesday The longer you go the bigger the roaster you get. Very yummy

Look it's only been 4 days and I already have wings!

61023_sam_0408.jpg

Quote:
Very true! I have mine (50) in a horse stall, and when I open the door in the morning, they fly at my face! I didn't know those things COULD fly.

Our meat birds try to eat my children now so the birds will have to go soon.
roll.png

ok so i have a couple of meat chicks and they ar supposed to be cornish rock crosses. I would like to start my own meat chickens and breed them. Would i be a ble to keep these and breed them or keep them at all?

UPDATE on babies. 14 days old yesterday. These are all the same age; look at the size difference! And I found they stopped being cute at about 10 days old.
tongue.png
Also, I need to go get a weight on them.

Cornish x and Bantam Wyandotte;
61023_sam_0559.jpg

Cornish x and Barred Rock;
61023_sam_0565.jpg

Last edited:
Yours looks bigger and looks like it has more feathers than mine at the same age (2 weeks). I agree they need to be moved out now... We should have the new baby coop done for them in the next couple days, thank goodness!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom