Cornish x Babies Are Here!!! ***UPDATE WITH PICS!***

well, mine have been lil hogglets ( ok, piglets) ya see the hog standing at the feeder!!! lol i went 24/7 on feed for 2 weeks ( right at this age) and then they went to 12on/12 off when put in tractor. at the time of this pic, she was 2 weeks/3 days.

that's arodable how they all line up to sleep with their butts facing the light.

LoL it sure is!

Twister; do you by any chance have a weight on your little guy there? I'd be interested to compare.
smile.png

Mine have had food up 'til now 24/7, (with a light on), as soon as they go out to the coop they wont have a light at night, so they wont eat while it's dark.​

Yes, I have been keeping weights: (approx.. I have not been doing my weigh ins at exactly the same day ea week... so the range in oz there may vary slightly....)

wk1 ish : 10 oz
wk2 ish : 1.9oz (i think this had a few extra days in the weigh in)meaning i weighed at 2 weeks 3 days i believe...
wk3 (prompt): 2.4
wk4(prompt): 3.0 (this one was done last night exactly at the beginning of week 4) (at this rate i am gaining about 6 oz a week)

i must upload pic from week 3 and 4. i took pics last week but loaded them on the other computer. ugh. will get more pics soon. keep your pics coming...i love seeing you bantams vs. meats...omgosh. we got our birds right about the same time so i like to see how yours are coming along. did you get the ck coop done? lol... mine were driving me nuts in the garage so they HAD to go OUT on grass at exactly 2 weeks!!! lol.... now they are 4 and they are indeed the pooping-est things i have ever seen!

darn neighbors dogs were in our pasture/yard yesterday trying to figure out how to get in the tractor. we built it strong and it prevailed this time. GOSH i would be sooooo completely devestated if something got to those meaties. We talked to the neighbor and he put the dogs up. I have it secure as I think we can possibly get it but ya just never know. ok, sorry for the ramble, but i love to talk chickens and no one around here really understands the addiction.

oh, about the light... and when i put them out...

i keep a light on in my tractor too, but not food at night. someone warned me they may "pile up" and suffocate ea other... ( i have 25 in a 8x8x2) they have room, but i did not want to take chances on possibly losing any so i went w. a light. our temps dipped to 40's this week and last night down to 28! I feel that they will conserve energy/weight if they do not have to shiver all night long. just my idea on the matter... I am a first time meatie so IDK, really what protocol is.

I also got my meaties from Ideal on 10/21, this is just shy of 2wks (11/1)
51084_photo190.jpg

I will have to get a recent pic and we can compare. How are you weighing yours?

Quote:
I recently purchased a Berkly digital , hanging scale designed for weighing fish . Weighs from 1 oz to 50 lbs , and a review written by a owner who makes his living testing and calibrating scales said his were within 1 oz throughout the range . I use a tote bag and deduct the tare weight of the bag , and very happy with them at under $20 .

I just weighed mine, and they are 17 days old and right at 1lb 4oz.

I am weighing on a kitchen scale, starts at 1 oz and goes to 8 pounds! It's great!

wk2 ish : 1.9oz (i think this had a few extra days in the weigh in)meaning i weighed at 2 weeks 3 days i believe...

Twister- in your post you put 1.9oz, did you mean 1 pound 9 oz?​

Back
Top Bottom