Cornish X breed to a American gamefowl

ProtonyteTV

Hatching
Aug 10, 2021
I'm curious if can I breed my gamefowl to my cornish x, I really wanted to have new chicks can i able to breed them?

203663639_465821727784602_2720935357855330088_n.jpg

:welcome Yes they can be bred, but I must ask what is your purpose/goal in making such a mating?
I need some meat and eggs but due to covid lockdown in my country I can't go to a farm to get some cornish x chickens and i also wanted to try to breed them a see the results

need to produce more chickens and eggs have only 1 female cornish x and 1 american gamefowl and due to covid restrictions i can't buy some new chickens in my country so i wanted to try to breed them
If my understanding is correct, most Cornish X, at least those I have messed with can go broody. Her weight may be an issue if she has to jump down into nest. I would make so nest is the type she simply walks or steps into. Does she have good body and wing feathers needed to cover clutch and chicks when brooding?

Are you located in a area with mild fall weather?

I'm curious if can I breed my gamefowl to my cornish x, I really wanted to have new chicks can i able to breed them?

Cornish Cross often get too fat and die young, and of course you can't breed from a dead chicken, but otherwise I would expect it to work just fine.

In general, you can cross any kind of chicken with almost any other kind of chicken and it works just fine.

Either the hen will need to go broody to hatch the eggs, or else you will need an incubator to hatch them.

Cornish Cross often get too fat and die young, and of course you can't breed from a dead chicken, but otherwise I would expect it to work just fine.

In general, you can cross any kind of chicken with almost any other kind of chicken and it works just fine.

Either the hen will need to go broody to hatch the eggs, or else you will need an incubator to hatch them.
thanks for the info will use an incubator to hatch them.

Back
Top Bottom