Cornish x chick has a bulging back end?!

I know this is an old thread and this is a long shot but this is the only place I've been able to find anyone with the same problem that my chicks are having... Mine are Cornish rocks and under their vents looks very bloated... They are eat and drinking and pooping normally but their vents are constantly like pulsing as well... They don't seem to be in any pain and move around but they way they move also seems kinda strange they will walk normally for maybe a dozen steps like says to and from the food and water then immediately sit and stay in that spot for awhile and then repeat... I did not buy them to eat them... I recently got 6 other chickens of a different breed and it's about time for them to go from being in the house to a house of their own outside and I got new babies to do it all over again because I love them all so much and because I seem to be fairly good at taking care of them all 6 of the previous ones I got are all alive and very healthy and sweet... I'm worried that the bulges these new babies have could be something wrong with them and I don't want to lose them :(

To me this chick looks as if it has a genetic deformity: Lack of the last caudal vertebra. That could be the reason why it has a poopy butt.

Back
Top Bottom