Cornish X-Rock not walking - Help Please...

Codeno1

Hatching
9 Years
Jan 13, 2011
Good morning, I have a flock of X-Rocks and 1 of them has not been walking for a few days. They are about 1 month old. I have separated her from the rest so she can eat and drink, and she is. I know these breeds have leg problems, is there anything I can do to help her or is she approaching the end? Your advise is appreciated.

Eric

I've seen two different problems occur in regards to walking with our first batch.

The first problem happened at about 2 weeks old and I noticed a few of the chicks had curled toes and one had the curled toes and was trying to get around on it's haunches. I assumed riboflavin deficiency, removed inflicted chicks and fed them raw beef liver and put brewers yeast in their feed. I added brewers yeast to the other chick's feed also just in case. The curled toed chicks recovered and I was able to put them back out with the rest within a week.

The second problem occurred at around 6 weeks and I assumed it was just part of the cornish crosses predisposition to leg problems. I separated her out into a mini-tractor and fed and watered her until slaughter day which was 1 week and 4 days later. Besides her leg issue, everything else about her seemed healthy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom