CornishX chick shortage

bigz1983

Crowing
7 Years
Aug 9, 2016
Michigan
Recently my wife and I got some Cochin and Amerucana chicks.
Well we decided that we should get some cornishX meat chicks while we were at it.
Problem is all the Farm stores in our area are out and they told us the cornish×chicks are special order online and won't be in until June.
I have looked online too and saw that they are sold out for a long time.
Is that common around this time of year?

The short answer is no, that's not normal in my area where the same thing is happening. Good or bad, alot of people have felt the call to be in chickens since the pandemic craze set in.

I see them available mid-June at both Cackle and Hoover. I haven't raised them before but I imagine the pandemic has created demand.

It’s happening all over and it’s definitely the pandemic. I needed Cornish Xes on a specific day In may so I scoured all the national hatcheries and called all the feed stores in my metro city. Many of the hatcheries were sold out of meat birds for 30 days, and most of the feed stores were done for the year and couldn’t/wouldn’t order more because of the shortage. if you’re willing to take shipping losses and wait for several weeks, many hatcheries do still have them available.

Back
Top Bottom