Coronation Sussex Chicks due March 13th- fingers crossed

RcoM

Songster
Dec 15, 2023
I have had a run of bad luck and ended up with one hen. Luckily she’s a broody and triggered broodiness easily.
My shipped eggs are due to hatch in a few days! Pray we get some live chicks! 🐣
My concern was a very hot day in the coop around Day 11 of development (38- 40 degrees Celsius) but from my copious reading, what I can tell is, as long as it wasn’t continuous heat, we should be ok..,I will update as of Wednesday afternoon. Otherwise I’ll be looking for day old Sussex chicks in NSW Australia to pop under mumma.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    617.8 KB · Views: 16
I have had a run of bad luck and ended up with one hen. Luckily she’s a broody and triggered broodiness easily.
My shipped eggs are due to hatch in a few days! Pray we get some live chicks! 🐣
My concern was a very hot day in the coop around Day 11 of development (38- 40 degrees Celsius) but from my copious reading, what I can tell is, as long as it wasn’t continuous heat, we should be ok..,I will update as of Wednesday afternoon. Otherwise I’ll be looking for day old Sussex chicks in NSW Australia to pop under mumma.
Thank you. She is exceptionally trusting of me and lets me do everything; she was hatched under my old Broody over a year ago and was handled from young. These chicks will be for us to keep (mostly).

Back
Top Bottom