Coronation Sussex Thread!

Pics
What age did your coronation start laying? Here's my girl....

Are you sure that is a pulet? What is the age ?

First time with this breed. I have three chicks, supposedly from the same hatch, 3-4 weeks old. Two of the three are feathering beautifully, but the third has lost its down and doesn't seem to be growing feathers.

Any correlation between sex and feathering rate?

Thanks in advance.

First time with this breed. I have three chicks, supposedly from the same hatch, 3-4 weeks old. Two of the three are feathering beautifully, but the third has lost its down and doesn't seem to be growing feathers.

Any correlation between sex and feathering rate?

Thanks in advance.
The hatch we had all feathered the same and thankfully turned out to be all girls. This is not helpful info, I realize that, but I still enjoy talking about the breed and your (and mine) chicks.
frow.gif

Yes she was chasing a bug in this pic she is about 6-7 months old. She is quite big!
Sorry I didn't see this 'til now. If you're still not sure, send a pic to the breeder. EVERYONE - including me - thought mine was a male. I was about to give it away until I asked the breeder. Her comb was small, but very pick/red starting at 4/5 weeks old. He said his line had brighter combs & that the males get taller combs between 4-8 weeks old. Sure enough, he was right &
saved me from giving away a beautiful, sweet hen. Here's her development (reverse order.)

1 year

6 months

20wks

18 wks

6-7 weeks

5wks

4 wks

Back
Top Bottom