Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I only use bottled water when the power goes out. I have well water. Because the earth is mostly water you can find it in the ground. I've never ever been concerned about my water usage other than when the power goes out. Fresh water falls from the sky so if you're that concerned about it collect your rain water...like springs do.
Did you know some counties or states say they own rain water. You are not allowed to collect it.

Last edited:
Did you know some ou ty/states say they own rain water.
We used to until our tank got screwed up. We've been contemplating a new one but it's really expensive. The one we had we salvaged from the neighbor who was gonna trash it. Worked well for two or three years until the release valve began leaking. A new one costs about half a grand...

It is un american that we can’t keep rain that falls on our property. Of course we don’t really own land do we? Try not paying your property taxes and see how long you keep your land.
Oh God I know! I'm normally on top of all of our bills but DH set the property tax aside and I forgot about it so we had to pay more because it was a day late. I remember there was once a group of guys who had enough with big gov to say no taxation without representation but that was long before those representives became corrupt...

Oh God I know! I'm normally on top of all of our bills but DH set the property tax aside and I forgot about it so we had to pay more because it was a day late. I remember there was once a group of guys who had enough with big gov to say no taxation without representation but that was long before those representives became corrupt...
Lol, I just payed mine. They are due on my hubby bday..

Yes. But they were fighting exorbitant taxes. (2%) ;)

I don't wish to derail you so this is whenever you get around to it:. Can you explain the massive layoffs/resigns that occured at the CDC in reaction to COVID procedural handling? Did you, yourself, remain in employment there even though you disagreed with some of your colleagues that were misinforming the media?

Honestly, a lot of it had to do with "I'm too old for this s#i%". They did their best, were silenced, or pushed aside. Their reward for decades of service to the American people was derision and abuse from politicians and public alike. My own mid-career lab work deals with tracking down, identifying, and stopping outbreaks of bacteria, fungi, and viruses in hospitals or illnesses caused by manufacturers cutting corners. The unofficial motto of our group is "Someone got lazy, stupid, or greedy". Our lab had specific experience with handling PII that we got tapped to handle the CoVID surge mid-summer 2020 after the scandal with the (beautifully made, but hard to use) CoVID detecting PCR kit that our respiratory diseases group had developed. There's still plenty of healthcare-associated infections to go around, and me ditching my career would be a bigger disservice to patients in the long-term.

Back
Top Bottom