Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

FWIW KDOGG, I'm not big on bacon either.

Cooking with it is fine but it mostly tastes like salted burnt fat to me otherwise. I'll eat some if I'm craving something salty and it's there but if I'm given options like at a restaurant I'll pick something else.
Exactly!! I just don’t see the appeal. It’s not that good haha

Although some of the maple or thick cut ones are pretty good. :love

But even then, not really a fan. Has no taste to me.

And restaurant bacon is definitely nasty! Think even bacon fans would agree. I’m not even sure it can be classified as bacon or edible lol same with eggs!!

Well, I was coming on to brag about how great my house smells with cinnamon bread cooking, but I buzzed by my email before popping over here and just got word the hubby of a friend is in ICU and on a ventilator.
I don't know her really well, and I haven't met him yet, but dang....
Now I want some cinnamon bread! :hit

And oh no that’s terrible!!! I hope he’ll be okay!! :hugs :fl

No planting or weeding here today. It's been raining lightly or in short downpours alternating with clear sunny skies for the earlier part of the week. I've been taking advantage of that to get everything I wanted in to benefit from nice moist loose ground to send roots into and establish. But it's pouring today.

I've still got TONS of weeding to do. We have Bermuda grass and nutsedge that's had 2 years to get thoroughly established in the planting beds while I was sidelined with surgeries. They both have insidious root systems that have to be ferreted out and eliminated. Some of the nuts grow down 18"!

At least they'll send new shoots up from this rain and I'll get a clue were to go excavating next.

I've got a whole flat of crane's bill I'm waiting to put in in place of the nutsedge but I gotta get every trace of it out first.

Back
Top Bottom