Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

You’re very intuitive!! You’re correct. Except I also have the year before seeds too and before that and many unopened ones 😂🙈

Last year I planted tomato seeds that were 13 years old. Every one sprouted and grew well. I had 15 tomato plants and room for 6. The rest went to friends.
I have other "seasoned" seeds too. :lau

This video is pretty good.
You can plant in seed trays if you like but flat planting is really really helpful to keep them moist while tiny. No air around the individual pods that way.
They are tough and handle separating for planting out really well.

Oh and do a google search for what type onion does well in your area...short day, ling day or intermediate.
Dixondale Farm has the best onion plants, and I highly recommend them, for any area.

I don't even know what to say to that? Because it's online or someone we don't know IRL that means we shouldn't care about them even though they're our fellow citizens? I'm pretty sure we're all online right now and most of us haven't met before.... Pretty sure I'm just reading about you all on the internet right now...?

I mean, the majority of serious crimes worth pointing a gun at someone for and shooting them and killing them (like murder, rape, and assault) happen from people the victim knows, not randos creeping in in the middle of the night. So maybe it's just me but it seems like it's WAY more messed up and less relevant to think about how to shoot and kill a person that's breaking into your house for food than "You should think about the impact your actions have on vulnerable populations during a pandemic". :T

ESPECIALLY since our food supply IS secure, farms are continuing to produce just fine, truckers still be truckin' food. Like there's only supply chain issues right now because people suddenly needed a lot all at once. As soon as they don't any more everything goes back to normal. In fact almost every shortage we've had locally is back to normal. All the canned good, dry good, chicken, milk etc. that was gone is back in stock.

I mean, if you don't want someone stealing from you because of their need for food, shouldn't you think about how to, maybe, get them food first and fantasize about how to literally shoot and kill hungry people last? Like maybe never sort of last? Is that just me that thinks we should think about how to feed people and cooperate BEFORE we think about how to kill them?

And being online certainly doesn't negate that some folks here view the topic of people shooting their hungry neighbors and fellow humans as a more family-friendly topic than discussing the very social policies that would prevent those robberies in the first place, and that that's kinda telling about peoples priorities.
No I didn't say that we shouldn't care. I honestly don't care if you think I'm cruel but here you go: If I had to decide between feeding my family or someone elses and resources were scarce, mine will come first. It's true for most of society, no matter what anyone says here. I have a responsibility to protect children. So some guy who breaks in and tries to steal the food from their mouths in a time with no law? Yes, I'm going to shoot him. That's what our conversation was about. What if there were no police because most got sick? People prey on your willingness to help your fellow man. If it were to ever to get to that point then I am absolutely cruel enough to do it. Until then I advertise my eggs for free in my community to help people.

Last year I planted tomato seeds that were 13 years old. Every one sprouted and grew well. I had 15 tomato plants and room for 6. The rest went to friends.
I have other "seasoned" seeds too. :lau
Oh wow really!? I’m always worried they won’t grow well or forget I have them 😂🙈 I really need to start using the ones I have first.

TP update-
https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0

I ran across an interview with this writer today explaining his article. For the record I'm not familiar with this site and have no idea if it has a leaning/slant, but the information makes sense.
The gist is, people spend a large part of their day not at home, thus not using their own toilet. Work, schools, stores, etc...get their commercial TP from entirely different manufacturers than typical household TP.
Typical home TP is made with different materials and because of the bulk and storage difficulties, regular TP makers don't keep a lot of inventory. They work 24/7 to make what the market usually consumes and not a whole lot more. With everyone being home now there is a shortage because TP makers are not set up to make that much to begin with, everything is sold out, and they are woefully behind and not capable of meeting demand.
Meanwhile commercial TP makers have surplus. Neither factory is easily able to switch over production to make the other so that won't work either.

Paper towels weren't mentioned, but along the same vein...if CDC is recommending people use PT instead of hand towels...and people are home and using household PT instead of commercial PTs....well, 2+2= continued shortage.

Back
Top Bottom