Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

@EmtheFishLady - even after all these years I marvel at you.

The moat creatures wouldn’t like this one, Em.

'Scientific studies' indicate that they have limited taste buds.

Just so I understand, you are saying you are monitoring EVERYONE in the state of New Jersey and have certified they are ALL complying and wearing their masks properly?

They're not, and therein lies the problem. Certain communities/people put themselves above the mandates and here the hotspots flare up. In my county where people have functional brains infection rates remain low.

@EmtheFishLady - even after all these years I marvel at you.
Hopefully in a "Wow, look at her!:love" way and not a "Wow look at her :eek::he" way. :gig

I came back because I actually did have something to add to the conversation. I have been waiting on a flight to ship a cat I am trying to import for a year. It's been such a random crazy mess because of Covid.

G has a new symptom today - abdominal pain and GI distress. Happens in about one in five COVID patients according to Dr. Google, but is remarkably similar to appendicitis in presentation. The symptoms are VERY similar; abdominal pain, fever, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness. Every time I learn more about this thing it's no wonder to me that progress with conventional treatments has been slow.

Good news is, his fever is low. If it spikes we get to be more worried and start asking if he should go in.

Today will be spent probably candle making and more cocoa bombs. My molds are too small tho. :( Folks will have to use 2-3 to get the right effect. No way to go out and get new molds now....

Em, I tried to import chicken hatching eggs from Germany once and it was AWFUL. Did not succeed, 0% recommend. Is the cat going to be a pet or is it like a designer breeder?

G has a new symptom today - abdominal pain and GI distress. Happens in about one in five COVID patients according to Dr. Google, but is remarkably similar to appendicitis in presentation. The symptoms are VERY similar; abdominal pain, fever, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness. Every time I learn more about this thing it's no wonder to me that progress with conventional treatments has been slow.

Good news is, his fever is low. If it spikes we get to be more worried and start asking if he should go in.

Today will be spent probably candle making and more cocoa bombs. My molds are too small tho. :( Folks will have to use 2-3 to get the right effect. No way to go out and get new molds now....

Em, I tried to import chicken hatching eggs from Germany once and it was AWFUL. Did not succeed, 0% recommend. Is the cat going to be a pet or is it like a designer breeder?
So sorry to hear he is not improving. But hopefully he won't get worse.

I breed cats, but they are also my pets. They stay here with me their entire lives, regardless of whether they breed or not. So, both.

That's super neat. :) I considered getting a pet cat from Egypt some years ago. They have a feral Mau population there that they export to manage the feral cats and they were (at the time) cheaper than buying from a breeder. But these days I wouldn't be likely to try to import an animal I wasn't breeding which is why I asked.

Yeah, no fever but still not well. It's definitely a mixed bag right now.

You don’t have to convince me.

I'm curious what you hope to accomplish here.

You've expressed yourself at length. You've gotten reactions and stirred things up effectively. Everyone's clear about your position. It's equally clear who doesn't agree with you. Are you simply here for the pleasure of arguing? What other objective do you have? And how can we help you accomplish it so you can go elsewhere to brighten someone else's day?

Shuttering small businesses because they aren’t essential enough for the politicians to put them on a list is malarkey. You cannot outlaw outdoor dining for businesses, yet allow the exact same setup to feed a film set full of people be set up 100 yards away because they are on some fancy list after they greased the pockets of the

Bars and restaurants are temporarily closed in CA because they're vectors of disease and our hospitals are already at capacity. That bar/restaurant owner was not singled out and she will be able to open again as soon as it's possible.

That film crew is able to work because they practice extreme protocols to avoid virus transmission. Most of the people she was targeting are tested as much as 3x a week to be able to work. And that film production company probably keeps hundreds of their crew members and who knows how many ancillary businesses like caterers working while the restaurant/bar owner might have a dozen employees.

The charge she was making is that they were no more safe than her potential customers but were allowed to do what her patrons weren't. That's completely incorrect. Because they're tested so vigorously and no one who tests positive OR has been in contact with anyone who's tested positive, they are safe within their bubble. That's just not something she has any way to know about the general public.

She made her very emotional case and she's representative of the many many many Americans who are hurting because this wasn't stopped in January and February by someone who lives in government housing in DC on our taxpayer dime. It was already apparent then what the ravages and transmissionof the disease were in Asia and Europe and he was simply derelict in protecting American people and the American economy. Her pain is perfectly understandable! But the decision to allow the film and TV industry to go back to work makes perfect economic and social sense and they do NOT work at her expense. Her charge needs to be leveled not at the film crew or at Gov. Gavin Newsome or Mayor Eric Garcetti, but at the grifter in chief who let thing get this bad by not doing the goddamn job he swore to do.

I also want to know why masks were not effective in protection from the flu but coronavirus is.

That sentence doesn't really make sense but I'll take a stab at it in case you're asking if masks are supposedly effective contra Covid but not flu.

The truth of the matter is the normal flu season is particularly light this year because people are masked up.

Last edited:
I'm curious what you hope to accomplish here.

You've expressed yourself at length. You've gotten reactions and stirred things up effectively. Everyone's clear about your position. It's equally clear who doesn't agree with you. Are you simply here for the pleasure of arguing? What other objective do you have? And how can we help you accomplish it so you can go elsewhere to brighten someone else's day?
Too funny. I have no intention of answering again but take note you just quoted me to get my attention? Does that make sense to you? Especially when you don’t agree with what I’m saying. Agree to disagree is fine with me. I suggest you just leave it alone for the better of all.

Hopefully in a "Wow, look at her!:love" way and not a "Wow look at her :eek::he" way. :gig

I came back because I actually did have something to add to the conversation. I have been waiting on a flight to ship a cat I am trying to import for a year. It's been such a random crazy mess because of Covid.
What kind of cat?

Ohios flu season is already about 1/10th of what it was from previous averages.

https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov...influenza/ohio-flu-activity/ohio-flu-activity
Flu+Hospitalizations+Graph+week+48.jpg

Very interested to watch it play out. I'd LOVE to see mask wearing for flu normalized.

Back
Top Bottom