Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Still can't find a place to get Covid shot. I'M 73 - they said that makes me 1B. I'm guessing 1 A's get shot before me - :(
Have you checked your county Board of Health website? There are more venues now in LA but our county was the first distributor. If they're not actually doing the distribution in your area they should be able to tell you who is. Also, call your local alder- or council person -- your elected representative. Their job is to represent you to the government and the government to you. They have lots of staff to do research and who have direct phone #s to cut through the crap. They should be able to point you in a productive direction as well.

You're eligible and it's in everyone's interest that you get vaccinated. Go to the source of the info!

My husband and I get our second shots Wednesday. I've gotten reminders from 2 different sources. Apparently, once they're aware of us, they're invested in our finishing the sequence!

So, off we'll go! But everyone we know who's had their second shots has had a rough bo of it. Maybe younger folks won't but our age group seems to. No matter. Off we'll go and I have analgesics at hand for afterward. DON"T take them prior to the shot!

We got our first shots together. We'll get our second shots together and if we spend a day or two in bed we'll do that together too. Maybe i should have thought this through and staggered our shots but we won't die without someone to bring us soup and Jello and maybe we'll be able to synchronize or harmonize our moaning or something...

In anything other than cooking, Alton Brown has almost no credibility with me. So, no, I don't really know about different versions or whatever. With regard to duration of hand washing and temperature of water, I think this article is informative:

https://www.discovermagazine.com/he...perature-what-matters-and-what-doesnt-when-it

Although it was written before the new strains developed, so if those are somehow more vulnerable to different water temperatures, it wouldn't address that. I've not heard of that, though.

There was this well know Foodie guy; he does cooking shows for a long time. And who, he made two had washing videos early in the Covid-19-mare months. And was all backed up by science. He talked about the 30 second minimum and that he did ~45 seconds and he shared an odd pit of trivia regarding the water temperature...
Anybody else out there with hands so rough you could sand down a wood countertop? I'm washing my hands as often as I did pre-Covid, but this constant hand sanitizer use has me snagging my clothes with my new farm worker's hands :(

Wow... 30-45 seconds? Did the chef recommend using hand sanitizer and hot water on top of that? Guess I'll be spending my stimulus check on hand lotion 😂

Anybody else out there with hands so rough you could sand down a wood countertop? I'm washing my hands as often as I did pre-Covid, but this constant hand sanitizer use has me snagging my clothes with my new farm worker's hands :(

Wow... 30-45 seconds? Did the chef recommend using hand sanitizer and hot water on top of that? Guess I'll be spending my stimulus check on hand lotion 😂
I am only using hand sanitizer outside my home--it kills my skin. I wash hands often at home--use hot water and regular soap

Back
Top Bottom