Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Of course we get some amount when it lands on our skin, but actually take it. no. The human dose for managing river blindness is nowhere near what those in vitro studies of it's effect on C-19 were about.
And I don't know why anyone thinks it's a harmless drug!
Mary

You need to read more up to date info. The common dosages for treating parasites are showing great results in vivo not in vitro. The in vitro test you mention was not a benchmark for covid treatment. No one is recommending those dosages. Flccc.net please read more. It is a safe abd effective covid treatment and more importantly for our healthcare workers it is a safe and effective preventative.

You need to read more up to date info. The common dosages for treating parasites are showing great results in vivo not in vitro. The in vitro test you mention was not a benchmark for covid treatment. No one is recommending those dosages. Flccc.net please read more. It is a safe abd effective covid treatment and more importantly for our healthcare workers it is a safe and effective preventative.
The Sars virus that causes Covid-19 is not a parasite. So why take a medication for parasites to treat it?

Ketamine, a veterinary and human tranquilizer has been found to have dramatic impact on treatment resistent depression. These are just off the top of my head. There are many, many drugs that have varied uses from varied beginnings. Ivermectin is a safe human medication with over 40 years of human use. I truly am at a loss as to why many push back against its use. Our doctor says its so safe that it should, during this pandemic, be given to every single person that exibits any Rona symptoms. Or anyone who may have been exposed. Or in her words, anyone who is at high risk or really just doesn’t want to risk catching it.

I don’t understand it really. Folks who are all for masks, social distancing, vaccines, and lockdowns etc. will quickly dismiss this drug that may be the quick answer to the entire pandemic.

Ivermectin should be in every medicine cabinet. It is safer than tylenol. Around 450 people die annually from tylenol. Millions of doses of ivermectin are given yearly and I have never seen a death attributed to it that wasnt related to the death of the associated parasites in the patient.

Viagara was a heart medication initially. Why do people take it to get erections? Because it works, right? HCQ is an anti-malarial drug. Why do people take it to treat lupus? Because it helps. Right?
Affects the circulatory system, doh.
Not sure about the malarial drug and lupus.

You still didn't answer this one......
The Sars virus that causes Covid-19 is not a parasite. So why take a medication for parasites to treat it?

A lot of (read all) medications we use have side effects. Some turn out to be features.
We give antibiotics for Covid, even though it is a virus. I believe in using what Works and the science will (might) follow. Aspirin's mechanism of action was only understood recently. With it's side effects it probably would have never been approved.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0247163

This is a small study of Indian healthcare workers. Those who took ivermectin as a preventative showed a 73% decrease in infection.

Based on other lab studies, it is believed ivermectin stops the covid virus from replicating. I couldn't find any info yet on HOW it accomplishes that, but the journal articles and emerging trials/case studies seem to agree that it does.

Again, don't go out and take your animals' meds. But could be worth a chat with your doctor if you have to work around lots of people and are high risk, since ivermectin IS something (s)he could prescribe for you. That way you'd get a human dose, manufactured to human safety standards, with human-safe inactive ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom