Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

It's actually quite difficult for
  • agricultural workers who harvest our food and reside in close quarters so they are near the fields
  • Beef and poultry processing plant employees who must work on a line shoulder to shoulder for hours
  • police officers and first responders who must assist people who are injured or impaired
  • daycare workers and teachers
  • subway train employees in large cities

I could go on but I think this is enough. Also, I'm not sure how much good washing hands does for thwarting an airborne virus; but washing hands is always a good idea, covid or no covid.
The virus can be coughed or sneezed onto things you touch and not everyone sneezes or coughs into their elbow soooo washing hands and not touching your face helps tremendously with covid or anything else.

I agree with you.

I do not think our government has my best interest at heart and here's why. The whole purpose of a government is to BALANCE and PRIORITIZE many competing interests. If I am wealthy, my interest is in protecting my money from taxes etc.; but if I am low income, my interest is in finding ways to feed my family and getting assistance for medical needs etc. If I am Libertarian, I want to avoid the government as much as possible; but the government still needs to collect taxes from me in order to build roads, pay police officers, staff national parks and on and on.

So, no. It doesn't. And I'm okay with that; it's the price of living in community.
Listen im not telling you not to get a vaccine or wear a mask or anything for that matter. You do what you need to do to feel safe from covid and I will do the same.

It's actually quite difficult for
  • agricultural workers who harvest our food and reside in close quarters so they are near the fields
  • Beef and poultry processing plant employees who must work on a line shoulder to shoulder for hours
  • police officers and first responders who must assist people who are injured or impaired
  • daycare workers and teachers
  • subway train employees in large cities

I could go on but I think this is enough. Also, I'm not sure how much good washing hands does for thwarting an airborne virus; but washing hands is always a good idea, covid or no covid.
I see all those people wearing masks and hand sanitizer fits in your pocket.

The damage the conspiracy theorists and the right wing evangelical groups are doing to people.

I had a phone call from my daughter this morning. She had been speaking to her mother who had had a phone call from her sister. The sister is in her early sixties with a number of fairly serious health problems. The sister had recently been invited to attend a local clinic where she would be offered a vaccine against Covid. The sister rang my daughter's mother in a bit of an emotional state over whether or not to have the vaccine. Her main worry it seems was she had read that the vaccine contained a micro chip and this would be used to trace her.

My daughter asked me to see if I could talk some sense into her. I thought I would write here a version of what I explained to the sister.

She uses a mobile phone. It’s always on with tracking enabled. The government or whichever body she is worried about tracing her already has access to her whereabouts through her phone!

Lets say for arguments sake that Bill Gates would like some method of tracing everyone on the planet and having access to whatever information a chip in a vaccine could supply.

1) The vaccines have been examined by so many scientific bodies now right down to DNA level. Would it not seem likely that someone would have noticed this chip by now? Bill Gates couldn’t prevent them all from spilling the beans could he?

2) If there was just one vaccine under the control of one body, then if one is prone to badly thought out conspiracy theories then granted, it is theoretically possible.

What about the Russian vaccine? Do you think Bill Gates has struck some kind of deal with the Russians. What about the Chinese vaccine? Can’t see Bill Gates persuading them that it’s within their interests to have him or the USA spying on their population. Then there’s the Iranian vaccine, the European vaccine, the Indian vaccines and more are being developed every month. He’s going to be a very busy chap is that Bill Gates.

Does anyone really believe that the above governments in the countries mentioned that produce vaccines have all come to some secret arrangement. They can’t even organise themselves well enough to ensure the vaccine gets made and distributed.

Agree with it or not, most media platforms are trying to combat the worst of the hysteria and misinformation that is constantly circulating on the internet. Maybe BYC should have one of those disinformation emicons.

There are two vastly different types of information on the internet. There are sources like this,

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...tured-until-he-admits-he-helped-create-covid/

and there are sources like this.

https://www.nature.com/news

Having had a brief look at some of the profiles of some of the more alarmist and inaccurate posters on this thread, it isn’t difficult to see their bias and their motivation. One only needs to read what they’ve posted elsewhere.

Freedom of information and freedom of expression are great things. They do however rely on the reader having some intelligence to sort the wheat from the chaff as they say. It seems to me that many people have lost, or are losing this ability in the inundation of what is so obviously nonsense on the internet.

The damage the conspiracy theorists and the right wing evangelical groups are doing to people.

I had a phone call from my daughter this morning. She had been speaking to her mother who had had a phone call from her sister. The sister is in her early sixties with a number of fairly serious health problems. The sister had recently been invited to attend a local clinic where she would be offered a vaccine against Covid. The sister rang my daughter's mother in a bit of an emotional state over whether or not to have the vaccine. Her main worry it seems was she had read that the vaccine contained a micro chip and this would be used to trace her.

My daughter asked me to see if I could talk some sense into her. I thought I would write here a version of what I explained to the sister.

She uses a mobile phone. It’s always on with tracking enabled. The government or whichever body she is worried about tracing her already has access to her whereabouts through her phone!

Lets say for arguments sake that Bill Gates would like some method of tracing everyone on the planet and having access to whatever information a chip in a vaccine could supply.

1) The vaccines have been examined by so many scientific bodies now right down to DNA level. Would it not seem likely that someone would have noticed this chip by now? Bill Gates couldn’t prevent them all from spilling the beans could he?

2) If there was just one vaccine under the control of one body, then if one is prone to badly thought out conspiracy theories then granted, it is theoretically possible.

What about the Russian vaccine? Do you think Bill Gates has struck some kind of deal with the Russians. What about the Chinese vaccine? Can’t see Bill Gates persuading them that it’s within their interests to have him or the USA spying on their population. Then there’s the Iranian vaccine, the European vaccine, the Indian vaccines and more are being developed every month. He’s going to be a very busy chap is that Bill Gates.

Does anyone really believe that the above governments in the countries mentioned that produce vaccines have all come to some secret arrangement. They can’t even organise themselves well enough to ensure the vaccine gets made and distributed.

Agree with it or not, most media platforms are trying to combat the worst of the hysteria and misinformation that is constantly circulating on the internet. Maybe BYC should have one of those disinformation emicons.

There are two vastly different types of information on the internet. There are sources like this,

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...tured-until-he-admits-he-helped-create-covid/

and there are sources like this.

https://www.nature.com/news

Having had a brief look at some of the profiles of some of the more alarmist and inaccurate posters on this thread, it isn’t difficult to see their bias and their motivation. One only needs to read what they’ve posted elsewhere.

Freedom of information and freedom of expression are great things. They do however rely on the reader having some intelligence to sort the wheat from the chaff as they say. It seems to me that many people have lost, or are losing this ability in the inundation of what is so obviously nonsense on the internet.
Lol hadn't heard the microchip conspiracy

For every conspiracy theory about the vaccines, I can give examples of MUCH EASIER ways to accomplish the same end result. Why go to all the expense and effort of creating a scamdemic and then waiting for science to develop the vaccines and then infiltrate the labs to put in whatever nefarious thing to do whatever nefarious end result? When you can easily do it for much less money and time.

For example, some believe the vaccine is intended to depopulate the planet. Wouldn't be easier to just poison the water supplies? Or the air? Or deploy nuclear or bio weapons? And, as Shadrach pointed out, if it's to trace people, use readily available technologies for that; no need to put it in vaccine. Why would they want to trace people anyway? How does that benefit "them" (whoever they are - "globalists", "the cabal", the "deep state"). What do they gain by tracking literally thousands of people all over the world? Just look at people's Facebook and Instagram if you want to know what they're up to; that's much cheaper and easier!

For every conspiracy theory about the vaccines, I can give examples of MUCH EASIER ways to accomplish the same end result. Why go to all the expense and effort of creating a scamdemic and then waiting for science to develop the vaccines and then infiltrate the labs to put in whatever nefarious thing to do whatever nefarious end result? When you can easily do it for much less money and time.

For example, some believe the vaccine is intended to depopulate the planet. Wouldn't be easier to just poison the water supplies? Or the air? Or deploy nuclear or bio weapons? And, as Shadrach pointed out, if it's to trace people, use readily available technologies for that; no need to put it in vaccine. Why would they want to trace people anyway? How does that benefit "them" (whoever they are - "globalists", "the cabal", the "deep state"). What do they gain by tracking literally thousands of people all over the world? Just look at people's Facebook and Instagram if you want to know what they're up to; that's much i just don't need the vaccine. Plain and simple no conspiracy implied
I just don't need the vaccine plain and simple no conspiracy implied.

Come on. :p :lau
Having a view is fine. Making assertions that are to the best of my knowledge are misleading and factually incorrect isn't. In this particular case your assertion, if read by someone not particularly well informed who assumes you know what you are talking about because you have presented yourself here as a nurse, is dangerous.
The study was done on the 10 million people in Wuhan....ground zero so you might take it a little more serious

Back
Top Bottom