Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Gotta love the way BeerCan keeps moving the goalposts. What got me going about protesting "forcing people to stay in their homes" was BeerCan's first mention of this, back a few pages, where he wrote,

"If masks make a difference IMHO the government shouldn't be forcing people to stay in their homes that have no symptoms."

That's when I said, "OMG! Where is this happening?" and etc. Then, when you explained the order that your county has issued, you wrote,

"Well I'm not being forced but if I don't comply with a voluntary 10 day quarantine they threaten to force (anybody who comes in contact with a covid positive must do it not just because someone in our home)"

So here he moves the goal post from just having no symptoms, to also having known contact with a covid positive.

Then he writes, yesterday,

"KarynVA must have put me on ignore, said was going to protest the fact that American citizens are being forced to stay in their homes, forced to stay in their homes for coming into contact with someone who tested covid positive even if they have no symptoms and test negative. I'm not going to protest understanding the reason. Just think it's BS it only applies to law abiding people everyone else is exempt."

He has moved the goalpost to 3 conditions: contact with covid positive; no symptoms AND test negative. So, no, I have no issue with that. Just like you, "I'm not going to protest understanding the reason."
You forgot to add,
Willful breach of a Court Order may be considered contempt of Court and may result in criminal prosecution.
Also;
Failure to follow these guidelines or to remain in quarantine may result in placement in involuntary quarantine or committed to a facility where you may be quarantined against your wishes, pursuant to Public Health Law § 2120 and 10 NYCRR § 2.29.

Amanda C. Walsh, MPH
Public Health Director

And also failed to add your comment
And I quote
"KarynVA said:
No, I am dead serious. If our (United States) government is truly forcing anyone to stay inside their home, I will actively protest it. I'd like to know where it is happening, if it truly is"

So, no, I have no issue with that. Just like you, "I'm not going to protest understanding the reason."
No goal post moving here, moved some duck posts today, hoping to keep them in. I ain't into protests. Some are good maybe should be some more. Maybe were on the same 'page', so why argue?? Love everyone here
:thumbsup

We finally sent our kids, four of them now back to school on Fri, been over a year. School has been open here in upstate New York since September when it normally opens. We had the option of actual real school or 'virtual' I was all for them going DW was not, you know the whole saying , man is the head of the house, but the wife is the neck and turns the head wherever she wishes (something like that lol) DW has been on unemployment for over a year making more $$ than working so I sure ain't going to complain. DW decided back to work so kids back to school. Kids didn't want to go to school but when the day was over they sure were happy loved it :ya

Oh my goodness. Came in to see some friends that used to be on here for some info on how everyone is doing. I see it's become a highway of discourse. No wonder they left. Can't believe BYC is allowing this. Not supposed to be political at all. Came on to share with my friends that I got my second shot...no adverse reaction what so ever. The only thing I'll say that may be taken even a little bit political is ..this virus, is still hard to understand for them. Think about it. The whole world of Scientists are trying their hardest to beat this thing. It's smart. Varients now. It will be a long time before it's even remotely understood. The best we can do is go with what they've come to...see...happen. I don't believe for one second that the Scientists are holding anything back..for money. No way. They want to beat this thing. Government? Why blame anyone? They're all at a loss with this...thing!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness. Came in to see some friends that used to be on here for some info on how everyone is doing. I see it's become a highway of discourse. No wonder they left. Can't believe BYC allowing this. Not supposed to be political at all. Came on to share with my friends that I got my second shot...no adverse reaction what so ever. The only thing I'll say that may be taken even a little bit political is ..this virus, is still hard to understand for them. Think about it. The whole world of Scientists are trying their hardest to beat this thing. It's smart. Varients now. It will be a long time before it's even remotely understood. The best we can do is go with what they've come to...see...happen. I don't believe for one second that the Scientists are holding anything back..for money. No way. They want to beat this thing. Government? Why blame anyone? They're all at a loss with this...thing!
DD#2 getting her second shot Tue I'm going with her for my first, Pfizer . I was scheduled for last Fri Johnson and Johnson but that was banned. Was scheduled week before but was put on mandatory quarantine for coming into contact with someone so had to skip that day also.

my kids have been in school at school all year without a single problem...
we are in oregon and it’s a private school. the rest of the schools are sort of open but mostly not. it will be interesting to see what happens in public school. it’s pretty sad...
Oh my goodness. Came in to see some friends that used to be on here for some info on how everyone is doing. I see it's become a highway of discourse. No wonder they left. Can't believe BYC allowing this. Not supposed to be political at all. Came on to share with my friends that I got my second shot...no adverse reaction what so ever. The only thing I'll say that may be taken even a little bit political is ..this virus, is still hard to understand for them. Think about it. The whole world of Scientists are trying their hardest to beat this thing. It's smart. Varients now. It will be a long time before it's even remotely understood. The best we can do is go with what they've come to...see...happen. I don't believe for one second that the Scientists are holding anything back..for money. No way. They want to beat this thing. Government? Why blame anyone? They're all at a loss with this...thing!
everyone should just move at their own comfort level.

we are in oregon and it’s a private school. the rest of the schools are sort of open but mostly not. it will be interesting to see what happens in public school. it’s pretty sad...

Andy Dufresne said it best, “either get busy living or get busy dying.”

but seriously...life slowed down due to COVID...and in some good ways. i spent way more time with immediate family and close friends. it’s like we went back 100 years in time. i think COVID has many lessons to be learned...slow down...go camping...grow a garden...play board games with your kids...

there are so many things to learn from this to keep in place

Back
Top Bottom