Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

From FDA website:
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine, tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate trihydrate, and sucrose.

Moderna Vaccine Info

From our county public health office;
Delaware County remains at a HIGH level of community transmission.

51.4% of the total population are vaccinated

60% of the positive cases are unvaccinated

40% of the positive cases are vaccinated

17% of the positive cases are Pre-K-12th students/employees

<1% of the positive cases are college students/employees

In New York State, the Delta variant of COVID-19 has been found to be the predominant strain of COVID-19 currently circulating.

Delta is causing some “vaccine breakthrough infections,” meaning infections in fully vaccinated people, more than other strains have. Even so:

Vaccines are working as they should. They are preventing severe illness hospitalization and death.

https://delawarecountypublichealth.com/covid-19/

So listed ingredients for the vaccine don’t include “egg.” But how are the fats (lipids) and cholesterol derived? How was the mRNA derived? Is that an exhaustive list of ingredients? The brochure says discuss any allergies with your physician before getting the shot. Allergic reactions are listed as possible contraindications.

I understand why someone with egg allergies would be hesitant to take it.

From our county public health office;
Delaware County remains at a HIGH level of community transmission.

51.4% of the total population are vaccinated

60% of the positive cases are unvaccinated

40% of the positive cases are vaccinated

17% of the positive cases are Pre-K-12th students/employees

<1% of the positive cases are college students/employees

In New York State, the Delta variant of COVID-19 has been found to be the predominant strain of COVID-19 currently circulating.

Delta is causing some “vaccine breakthrough infections,” meaning infections in fully vaccinated people, more than other strains have. Even so:

Vaccines are working as they should. They are preventing severe illness hospitalization and death.

https://delawarecountypublichealth.com/covid-19/
If 22% of the population of Delaware County NY is 18years old or younger. (18.2% of the population is 14 years old or younger; I haven't yet found the percent 12 years or younger) -

And 17% preK through high school has tested positive.. then isn't the rate pretty close to the same whether almost none are vaccinated (everyone under 12) vs I should be able to the math... something a lot more than 51.4% (since everyone vaccinated is over 12 years old) are vaccinated.

Last edited:

Vaccines are working as they should. They are preventing severe illness hospitalization and death. ...
I’m not sure how they test this hypothesis. How can they know whether a person in the hospital or dead wouldn’t have been in the hospital or dead, regardless of vaccine status?

So listed ingredients for the vaccine don’t include “egg.” But how are the fats (lipids) and cholesterol derived? How was the mRNA derived? Is that an exhaustive list of ingredients? The brochure says discuss any allergies with your physician before getting the shot. Allergic reactions are listed as possible contraindications.

I understand why someone with egg allergies would be hesitant to take it.
I personally trust an allergist who has read the ingredients and says "yea dont take this" over a list of ingredients that arent in plain english.

If 22% of the population of Delaware County NY is 18years old or younger. (18.2% of the population is 14 years old or younger; I haven't yet found the percent 12 years or younger) -

And 17% preK through high school has tested positive.. then isn't the rate pretty close to the same whether almost none are vaccinated (everyone under 12) vs I should be able to the math... something a lot more than 51.4% (since everyone vaccinated is over 12 years old) are vaccinated.
:idunno
I ain't a mathmatician.

Back
Top Bottom