Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

"Dixon breaks down the summer numbers like this:
  • Infections: 15-20% from vaccinated Hoosiers
  • Hospitalizations: 2-3% from vaccinated Hoosiers
  • Deaths: <1% from vaccinated Hoosiers
"
WANE link (though older, from early Aug)

And: "I want to emphasize that more than 95% of the patients being admitted to the hospital with COVID are not vaccinated. Our ICU admissions also remain concentrated in those who are unvaccinated," Box said."
WKLY link from Sept 29
I have tons of questions about the article and the research. Tbh, I’m not interested enough in the answers. Some of which may be too far into the weeds, but I do sometimes get sucked into the minutiae and that works for me.

Get the shot, don’t get the shot. Do what works for yourself and your family.

I think that it is time for me to exit this thread. It has veered into agenda land far away from the original intent. It's been good interacting with most of you.

I feel the same...
Mary
Still staying on the topic of covid.

MTKitty mentioned;
"To convince every person to vaccine will require answering their questions, not belittling them for having questions."
Seems to be true. When you tell people they have to do something without questioning it, mandate, fine, basically force or get fired there will be some pushback evidence is vaccination rate dropped after. They need to be convinced it's the right thing to do not told they have to or else..
Today for the second time I had a truck driver at work mention they didn't want anything to do with the vaccine until their doctor told them to get it (guess they trust them more than a politician or a talking head on news opinion show)
The first truck driver that said it was months ago, I've known him for 18yrs I've worked here. Heard him say many times he was waiting see what it'll do before he took the plunge.
Then came in one day said he decided to. Went to doc asking him about shingles vaccine, doc says I think it's much more important now to get covid vaccine so he did.

MTKitty mentioned;
"To convince every person to vaccine will require answering their questions, not belittling them for having questions."
Seems to be true. When you tell people they have to do something without questioning it, mandate, fine, basically force or get fired there will be some pushback evidence is vaccination rate dropped after. They need to be convinced it's the right thing to do not told they have to or else..
Today for the second time I had a truck driver at work mention they didn't want anything to do with the vaccine until their doctor told them to get it (guess they trust them more than a politician or a talking head on news opinion show)
The first truck driver that said it was months ago, I've known him for 18yrs I've worked here. Heard him say many times he was waiting see what it'll do before he took the plunge.
Then came in one day said he decided to. Went to doc asking him about shingles vaccine, doc says I think it's much more important now to get covid vaccine so he did.
Agreed

MTKitty mentioned;
My dentist recommended a panoramic was "recommended" and I refused. All good to him for following his doctor's recommendations. But my panoramic was still.charged on my invoice. I just want people to be aware that they need to read their bill and make sure they arent charged for something they refused. Follow the advise of your doctor, but make sure your insurance isnt billed for a treatment you didnt get

I've been the primary caregiver for my mother for the past two years. She is 85 and has ...

Soon, my mother will not need me so I will be free to decide on what risks I'm willing to take without considering how they may affect her.

I've been checking the World Health Organization's dashboard. And comparing the death rates from covid from a week a year ago, when no one was vaccinated, to the same week this year. Why are they higher this year in every week since late July? https://covid19.who.int/region/amro/country/us
The conversations I've been in on this thread are about how covid is affecting my daily life.

I looked up what happened to the previous attempts at mRNA vaccines (not following agendas; I looked up the published research papers on them, and looked up many of the authors of those papers to see what they said about it elsewhere, looked up the details of the physiology and chemistry (I have post grad background in that but not enough in the right areas), and so on. And I tried (and failed) to find out what is different about these. I'm not assuming there isn't something different but since I can't find what it is, I've been waiting to see what happens to the people who do take it.

The stronger coercion efforts are resulting in me being more proactive in figuring out what is happening to the people who take it.

Covid (or the response to covid, depending on your point of view) has affected my daily life by such things as: preventing us from being able to find a suitable house for even the two of us, much less either of our mothers or kids when they visited or moved in for a time. We moved hundreds of miles just before covid to be able to take care of our mothers. We started out looking for something suitable for both with some degree of privacy and accessibility. My mother came anyway and it hard without anything close to the space needed - even before my son moved in too. My mother-in-law did not come (I grieve for that and I know she lost years of her life because of the lack of exercise and social interaction last year - she wouldn't walk outside if there were other people on the sidewalk, so essentially didn't walk. she started falling) - she isn't planning to come anymore.

We also intended to visit the kids or have them visit, That didn't happen.

My son's company shut the plant he worked at. He found the same role in another plant hundreds of miles away. Couldn't make friends with all the shutdown. He is very social.

My sibling had started eviction proceeding because she hadn't been paid at all for six months before starting the proceedings and only partially for most of the year before that. The final step was scheduled months after starting the proceedings and a week after the courts shut down. They had only the one place, a small one, nothing very special. It would have - if they had been paid- made a third or so of their income.

There is a lot more

My best friend got covid from taking testing at a hospital in early March of 2020. There is a reason she was at the hospital - very fragile health. She would have gone to the hospital if it hadn't been March/April 2020 with tents outside the hospital. This was before anyone knew much about how to treat it. She very nearly died but didn't. Her (also medically fragile) daughter caught it from her and did have to go to the hospital. She also recovered.

My sister-in-law, mid-sixties, about 400 pounds, diabetic, I'm not sure what else. Got it spring of 2021 after getting the vaccine. She recovered after weeks of misery and outpatient visits to the hospital and only doing what her primary care doctor told her.

My aunt, mid-eighties, heart issues, immune issues, other issues, got it in February 2021. I don't know if she had the vaccine; I don't know if she had early treatment. She recovered.

I paid a bill Friday afternoon. The owner of the place was taking the place of the receptionist. The receptionist has been out since Oct 1 with covid. She "is not doing well." She tried to get early treatment and her doctor told her she couldn't get it. The owner called a good friend of his who is a doctor. That doctor said he wanted to help, he had helped other people but he could not. He had been called into the office of the health system and told if he wrote even one more prescription for any of the alternatives, he would be fired immediately. He was also told he could not give medical exemptions to the vaccine under any circumstances. This doctor works for one of the big systems.

Oh, yeah, and my son is back at his college this year. He has to get tested (by a test with more false negatives than accurate results) in order to not take a vaccine that would do no one the least amount of good since he has had covid. And thoroughly tested his response a month before going to class - by sitting beside our other son for the three most infectious days of that son's covid bout.

If you want an interesting thing about covid to study - start looking at how titer levels of other infectious illnesses were determined. I found this rabbit trail to follow when I was looking for information on titers for covid (there isn't a level known yet) and found the history of the measles titer.

Here's some info i've been waiting for.
A USAToday article says studies show that following the J&J shot with a Phizer or Moderna will giver better protection than a J&J booster.
Don't go by me ( I am going to research it more myself) but I'll take all the shots I can get.

Anyone have any ideas what to do with all these masks after Covid is done? I made lots of masks for my wedding with the intention on my guests taking some. They didnt and I now have 80 something masks that I'm not using. I keep one in my car in case I go somewhere where they require them but I have way too many. I figure I'll keep a few to show my kids in the future and tell them what it was like.
Donate to nursing homes.? My medical places don’t allow cloth masks. They say they don’t help. Maybe sell on Etsy. We are still required to wear masks here in calif.

Back
Top Bottom