Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Yes but.

My college roommate died in June from a fast acting cancer. He was 65.5 years old and otherwise quite healthy.

On the other hand DW's eldest aunt beat breast cancer 50 years ago. She died at 96 sixteen years ago.

Sure true! At least they've opened the rest areas on the interstates here again so no more porta potties ..... but they are only open until 7 PM so you BETTER not have to go after that.
My boss's mother had breast cancer. Shes been cancer free for 5 years now. My boss's grandfather has skin cancer. It comes and goes but hes 89 years old and still kickin

Well, not good. Organs shutting down. Brilliant kids who got her sick in the first place stayed at hospital... want to visit again tomorrow oh yippee. Hmmm. Maybe spread the love? What a fine bunch or clever people staying at a hospital with all kine sick people when they most likely have covid. No good words. Had my stern talk. Hope it got through. Did more than that. Hope it works.

Thank you @21hens-incharge! We love you guys and appreciate all that you do. Lets try to get back on topic. Anyone have anything new to report? I havent watched the news this evening. DH is hogging the TV. :gig
I have a great report. My son and daughter in-law got covid just before Halloween...they are doing well now..my son had lost his taste and smell, and here's the really great part for him. . He can now smell, and taste, everything again. A little bit of sad for daughter in law, she's still coughing, mildly during the day, clearing her throat. She feels great though.

I have a great report. My son and daughter in-law got covid just before Halloween...they are doing well now..my son had lost his taste and smell, and here's the really great part for him. . He can now smell, and taste, everything again. A little bit of sad for daughter in law, she's still coughing, mildly during the day, clearing her throat. She feels great though.
So glad to hear the fam is doing well again! We've heard so much tragedy so I'm thankful for stories like yours.

I can't say COVID has affected my life much in the day-to-day. I live pretty simply. I've worked from home a few times, and a couple of friends have come down sick, and a couple of older people I call family have passed on. It is always sad when life comes to an end, but they are at peace. I mourned for them, and I will miss them, but I will see them again.

I can't say COVID has affected my life much in the day-to-day. I live pretty simply. I've worked from home a few times, and a couple of friends have come down sick, and a couple of older people I call family have passed on. It is always sad when life comes to an end, but they are at peace. I mourned for them, and I will miss them, but I will see them again.
Sorry for your loss. I love your positive attitude though. I lost my grandma last year (not to covid just complications of dementia and Alzheimer's). We weren't able to have a funeral due to covid. Not even virtually because people in my family dont know how to use zoom. I had at least hoped to have a celebration of her life but we couldnt get anyone to get together. These past 2 years have been tough on everyone so its nice to read a positive attitude in such a morose time

Yeah but for some reason we are not able to say we are declining without being called an ahole. Too bad it isn’t my god given right to do what I want with my body. You know we only get one body in this lifetime.
It's just a shame that that is all you can glean from my post. Me, me, me, I, I, I.
If it does not apply, no need to take it personal. Sorry you are so defensive.

Back
Top Bottom