Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Agreed. My area has a lot of covid. The majority in hosp are elderly fully vaccinated but thankfully deaths are down. There is a LOT of RSV causing hospitalizations in adults which is unusual.
RSV..here too. A grandson has it. They live downstairs in my home. Dr. told them to keep him away from children under the age of 6 months and people over 60. That would be me. :(. So far so good. Poor baby had been so sick! He's three.

My father called me tonight from florida. During covid he realized that he loved a woman and proposed. Theyre getting married next year and I sent him a gift: a handmade quilt for christmas. He just received it and he was so touched he said hed cherish it for the rest of his life.
20211127_162719.jpg

I'm seeing bits and pieces of info on this - mostly personal experiences of people I know or what doctors have told them sparking searches for specific health issues. One aspect isn't the direct damage, it is the activation of latent diseases such as shingles and TB. Another is cancer in people with no family history of it.

Another aspect that I am not seeing anywhere but have been watching for is the effects of not being exposed to general illnesses. Much protection against flu is cross immunization benefits (was is H1N1 that fizzled out compared to what was expected? Turned out to be quite closely related to a flu strain common 60 years ago - the vast majority of the most vulnerable people (the elderly) had at least some immunity to it. And other consequences.

My father called me tonight from florida. During covid he realized that he loved a woman and proposed. Theyre getting married next year and I sent him a gift: a handmade quilt for christmas. He just received it and he was so touched he said hed cherish it for the rest of his life.View attachment 2919060
Beautiful

I'm seeing bits and pieces of info on this - mostly personal experiences of people I know or what doctors have told them sparking searches for specific health issues. One aspect isn't the direct damage, it is the activation of latent diseases such as shingles and TB. Another is cancer in people with no family history of it.

Another aspect that I am not seeing anywhere but have been watching for is the effects of not being exposed to general illnesses. Much protection against flu is cross immunization benefits (was is H1N1 that fizzled out compared to what was expected? Turned out to be quite closely related to a flu strain common 60 years ago - the vast majority of the most vulnerable people (the elderly) had at least some immunity to it. And other consequences.
This year, since about April and to this date I have seen adults and elderly becoming severely ill with diseases that, under normal conditions, should not result in hospitalization. I have noted periodic surge patterns to some, namely Lyme carditis, myocarditis pericarditis, and acute coronary events in people without heart conditions. Mix of ages but majority are well under 60, and it has me concerned.
Viral competition is a proposed reason we are not seeing high influenza rate. It was theorized in the 1930s/40's with what is now known as influenza A. At that time Inf A seemingly disappeared for a few years once a new strain (now known as Inf B) emerged and out-competed, so to speak the other.
Epidemiologists today believe Covid out competed influenza in 2020-2021.
My gut feeling is that influenza will hit with vigor this season.

Back
Top Bottom