Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Yes, I did talk to them. No, they have lots of workers. My last trip there 4 employees where there. One smoking at the front door two standing at regesters and an assistant manager that came out of the office to speak with me. She said " We are doing our best. What more do you want?" I pleaded with her to atleast clear the food ailes. Being rude or aggressive wouldn't get me anywhere so I am always nice.
Good on you! 💞. The world needs more understanding folks like you. Sorry this is so hard for you. Wish I lived closer, I'd go for you.

At the doctor right now. First check up since covid. Took me 2 months to get an appointment. Most people in here are elderly. They made me sign in on a tablet. I didnt see her wipe it down either after I used it
Nothing gets wiped down after use here in Utah in that kind of area..writing paper, pens. X-ray machines, yes. Dentist x-ray machines yes, the kind that circles your head. Mammogram machines..etc.

They say now it wasn't the goal or designed for that but that doesn't sound like how it was it was presented a year ago. If it fell short of expectations they should say that. I believe they would be more trusted (perhaps I'M being naive here) It is still a lifesaver in it's present form.
They've learned so much more about covid since a year ago..and still learning. Will probably never know all there is to know. All they can do is wait to see what it does to a person next. Latest finding is that someone that got it seriously, are in danger of dieing a year later. Pretty sad.

They've learned so much more about covid since a year ago..and still learning. Will probably never know all there is to know. All they can do is wait to see what it does to a person next. Latest finding is that someone that got it seriously, are in danger of dieing a year later. Pretty sad.
I realized early in the ICU that even among the ones who survived, a lot were going to need a long rehab.
Your right that no one person knows everything we need to know yet. I keep saying I can't wait to read the book about what were doing. Then I remember that John Barry's epic book on the 1918 Influenza only came out in 2005.

I couldn’t help but point out that given people in my age group and above were dying like flies from Covid the pressure on their department must be a fraction of what it was while pensioners like myself were still living.

I’m not convinced they got the humour.
Perhaps it is their way of limiting payout, hold the oldies off until they get Covid and die.
I hope they get caught up with you soon, you have chickens to feed!

They sold a concrete container so I called the cemetery to see if they required one. (They did)
I think that is a New Orleans thing, high water table. I'd go for the cremation (no embalming necessary or useful!) and an urn.

I messaged Misfits Market they do not except my payment method.
What are you using? I bet they would take a prepaid VISA or MasterCard.

I'm sorry for your situation and I hope you can find a solution. There MUST be someone in town that goes to a real store every week or two who could take you with them. Do you have a "Front Porch Forum" like thing where you live? Something where people can post questions, suggestions, stuff for sale/free, ask advice on services? If so, ask for help.

Trying out for a Meow Mix commercial?

Her husband called me a few days ago to tell me that I'll never see her again. And worse, neither will two of her children, who live with us.
As was later said, he is an emotional abuser, she needs to get out.

I mean, he wouldn't hurt her, but., neither would he drive her to the airport.
I wouldn't be so sure. :hugs

I still don't understand why they want insurance cards when it is a free shot (even if you don't have insurance.)
So the insurance company can pay for the vaccine rather than the state. They've just set up a program here where insured people can get a "take at home" test kit free once a week from the pharmacy. The pharmacy charges the insurance company. Didn't say anything about how uninsured people can get free tests. Seems to me like they would be less likely to be able to afford them.

Seriously look:
Voting b roll
Must be a different video than the one I saw, it was just people voting, nothing about vaccines ??????

the vaccinations don't stop people from getting infected or decrease the risk of giving it if you have it
Dr. Levine said today that a vaccinated person can pass it on for only about 1 day. Unvaccinated for a week or more.

My elderly friend who is not vaccinated is now not allowed in her vaccinated daughter's life (daughter's choice), nor her daughter's childrens' lives.
Doesn't seem much different than me not allowing my mother to smoke in my house. You want to risk your health, your business, but you aren't going to impact mine. And yes I DID love my mother!

It is usually the elderly that do not want unvaccinated people around them since they are much more likely to have a really bad outcome should they get Covid.

her husband and I schemed on various ways to keep her glued to the sofa. Copius cups of tea and eggs for a few days.
I would think that would have her glued to the loo, not the couch. And that could be a serious problem for you and SIL if there is only 1 toilet in the house!

Perhaps it is their way of limiting payout, hold the oldies off until they get Covid and die.
I hope they get caught up with you soon, you have chickens to feed!

I think that is a New Orleans thing, high water table. I'd go for the cremation (no embalming necessary or useful!) and an urn.

What are you using? I bet they would take a prepaid VISA or MasterCard.

I'm sorry for your situation and I hope you can find a solution. There MUST be someone in town that goes to a real store every week or two who could take you with them. Do you have a "Front Porch Forum" like thing where you live? Something where people can post questions, suggestions, stuff for sale/free, ask advice on services? If so, ask for help.

Trying out for a Meow Mix commercial?

As was later said, he is an emotional abuser, she needs to get out.

I wouldn't be so sure. :hugs

So the insurance company can pay for the vaccine rather than the state. They've just set up a program here where insured people can get a "take at home" test kit free once a week from the pharmacy. The pharmacy charges the insurance company. Didn't say anything about how uninsured people can get free tests. Seems to me like they would be less likely to be able to afford them.

Must be a different video than the one I saw, it was just people voting, nothing about vaccines ??????

Dr. Levine said today that a vaccinated person can pass it on for only about 1 day. Unvaccinated for a week or more.

Doesn't seem much different than me not allowing my mother to smoke in my house. You want to risk your health, your business, but you aren't going to impact mine. And yes I DID love my mother!

It is usually the elderly that do not want unvaccinated people around them since they are much more likely to have a really bad outcome should they get Covid.

I would think that would have her glued to the loo, not the couch. And that could be a serious problem for you and SIL if there is only 1 toilet in the house!
The link was for the vaccine b roll. The video was for voting b roll. BYC currently doesnt support CDC video so I had to link to it

Back
Top Bottom