Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I'm still having all my problems. I finally got a hold of the ADA today. They gave me two other places to contact. The first an advocacy for the disabled to help me file the correct legal papers to have DG brought into court. The second place Illinois DOT do to public transportation refusing to transport me because of me not being able to wear a mask.
Hoping you get some resolve. I know it has been such a hassle for you and many hoops to jump through

We used to do a staycation once a year at a hotel in the next town over and camp outside for a weekend in the fall. We never planned either one it just seemed like timing. Covid made the staycation idea not fun because...no pool...no hot tub. We ended up going to the fiber fest in michigan this past fall but I fell and hurt my ankle badly. Between my poor health of late and everything else Im sure he has a lot on his mind
Have you had an ok day today ? If I may ask. If you'd prefer to not say thats cool too. I was just wondering

Have you had an ok day today ? If I may ask. If you'd prefer to not say thats cool too. I was just wondering
Yea things are going well. He's been opening up more now that I'm being more attentive in listening. He basically complained about the same issues and when he finished talking I told him that I'm sorry hes going through this but he can only control his own actions and not the others so to just be patient and let them dig their own grave. I really think he just didnt feel heard

Looks like maybe some forced masking needed on deer? :idunno

"Omicron found in New York deer as experts voice concern about animal reservoirs.
At present, there is no evidence that deer are transmitting the virus to humans. However, widespread circulation among the nation's deer population would give the virus opportunities to mutate and adapt, which could "come back and haunt us in the future," said study author Vivek Kapur, PhD, a veterinary microbiologist at Pennsylvania State University in State College."
https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...ts-voice-concern-about-animal-reservoirs.html

"Blood and some nasal swab samples from 131 deer captured on New York's Staten Island revealed that nearly 15% had virus antibodies. The finding suggested that the animals had previous coronavirus infections and were vulnerable to repeated reinfections with new variants, researchers led by Pennsylvania State University scientists said.
“Circulation of the virus in an animal population always raises the possibility of getting back to humans, but more importantly it provides more opportunities for the virus to evolve into novel variants,” said Suresh Kuchipudi, a Penn State veterinary microbiologist.

"When the virus completely mutates, then it can escape the protection of the current vaccine. So we'd have to change the vaccine again," Kuchipudi said."

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...oncern-over-possible-new-variants-2022-02-08/

"Omicron found in New York deer as experts voice concern about animal reservoirs.
At present, there is no evidence that deer are transmitting the virus to humans. However, widespread circulation among the nation's deer population would give the virus opportunities to mutate and adapt, which could "come back and haunt us in the future," said study author Vivek Kapur, PhD, a veterinary microbiologist at Pennsylvania State University in State College."
https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...ts-voice-concern-about-animal-reservoirs.html

"Blood and some nasal swab samples from 131 deer captured on New York's Staten Island revealed that nearly 15% had virus antibodies. The finding suggested that the animals had previous coronavirus infections and were vulnerable to repeated reinfections with new variants, researchers led by Pennsylvania State University scientists said.
“Circulation of the virus in an animal population always raises the possibility of getting back to humans, but more importantly it provides more opportunities for the virus to evolve into novel variants,” said Suresh Kuchipudi, a Penn State veterinary microbiologist.

"When the virus completely mutates, then it can escape the protection of the current vaccine. So we'd have to change the vaccine again," Kuchipudi said."

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...oncern-over-possible-new-variants-2022-02-08/
Who the heck gets that close to a deer thats alive?

There were articles about this months ago (which apparently didn’t “get” to enough people and this now it’s recirculating-also due in part to spread of (I believe it was a mutated delta variant) Covid via hamsters that were shipped from (Newfoundland?) to (Hong Kong?) I might have the locations wrong. But it spread to the hamsters and then back to humans and that shocked scientists and they’re equating it to the case with the monks. And of course euthanizing the animals….

Back
Top Bottom