Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

No. Good question but it's a little different.
The cost of nurses are in the overhead.
The ED, anesthesia, x-ray are often seperate businesses within the hospital and charge seperately. (It sucks.
Yeah and it's not like you're given a choice either. The ED could possibly be out of network. I swear it's a scam. I remember getting two bills from the ER once. I called the hospital and she explained this to me. To which I responded "oh so he gets paid TWICE? Glad I could put something towards his Porsche and mansion!" The lady just laughed and said "that's about right." Our healthcare system is extremely screwed up. No value of human life other than profit.

Really my bil told me there lots of cases in the. elementary school he works at.
cases aren’t the same as hospitalizations though. I mean in our state cases are rising (as is in many states) but our hospitalizations haven’t risen at nearly the same rate. We have over 2000 active cases in our state but only about 50 hospitalizations and I think only 12 of those are on vents. At one point we had well over 26K active cases? And I think 1600+ hospitalizations. So comparatively 1600+ hospitalizations down to only 50 would be “basically gone from the hospital.” (I don’t know which hospital or state the previous poster was referring to, just adding info from where I am)

And yet we can't have single payer national healthcare where every provider would be "in network".
Because that doesn't make money.

Really upset today. Just found out my cat of 18 years has lung cancer. So I'm dealing with comfort or euthanasia. They cant remove the tumor. I just paid 350 bucks to find out she's dying

And yet we can't have single payer national healthcare where every provider would be "in network".
We could but then where would you to get well. If you think this hybred system is exepensive, wait until it's free.

Our healthcare system is extremely screwed up. No value of human life other than profit.
It IS screwed up but not for putting too little value on people. I have brought multiple back from death's door who were past ready to meet their Maker because the family 'couldn't let them go'. "We NEED that check!" Yes. That is what they said.

So sorry, Ninja. A ripe old age, but still so hard...
Mary
Thank you. I talked it over with the hubby and we decided to just love and comfort her unless she gets to the point of being in pain. The chemo would give her no quality of life and just make her more sick. Her gallbladder is filled with sludge and her intestines are backed up. They gave me a laxative for her intestines and drops for her eye infection. I've been grieving all day so when her time comes I hope it's easier to let her go. Hubby never really liked having a cat anyways...but we were a package deal.

Thank you. I talked it over with the hubby and we decided to just love and comfort her unless she gets to the point of being in pain. The chemo would give her no quality of life and just make her more sick. Her gallbladder is filled with sludge and her intestines are backed up. They gave me a laxative for her intestines and drops for her eye infection. I've been grieving all day so when her time comes I hope it's easier to let her go. Hubby never really liked having a cat anyways...but we were a package deal.
Sorry it sure sucks. I lost my dog in Dec she was 12 I think. 18 is a long time to have a pet

Back
Top Bottom