Correct comb for Old English?

Featherss

Chirping
Sep 11, 2021
I have a show tomorrow and I was wondering, what's the correct comb type for Old English? And, how can I tell if my rooster's comb is a dubbed single comb or a rose comb (Since some people cut it right above the head and others don't)?

I have a show tomorrow and I was wondering, what's the correct comb type for Old English? And, how can I tell if my rooster's comb is a dubbed single comb or a rose comb (Since some people cut it right above the head and others don't)?
Correct comb for an Old English game bantam is a single comb I believe. Do you have pictures? That would help.

A dubbed single comb still wouldn't be as wide as a rose comb. As Margo said, pics would be helpful.

Correct comb for an Old English game bantam is a single comb I believe. Do you have pictures? That would help.

These are all I have right now, I'm 99% sure its a dubbed single but I want to make sure because on my other rooster its completely gone

Attachments

• IMG_4038 cropped.jpg
    IMG_4038 cropped.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4036 (1).JPG
    IMG_4036 (1).JPG
    529.3 KB · Views: 18
A better picture of the face would be good. ;) The comb and waddles looked dubbed, but it almost looks like the earlobes were forgotten. I see no reason why not to show him, unless the earlobes would be a problem. He looks beautiful to me and like he should get a prize! :love:love

A better picture of the face would be good. ;) The comb and waddles looked dubbed, but it almost looks like the earlobes were forgotten. I see no reason why not to show him, unless the earlobes would be a problem. He looks beautiful to me and like he should get a prize! :love:love
Okay!! I don't think their past owner was very experienced, so that would make sense. :D

Got back from the show, he won reserve Best Old English!
I didnt win anything in Showmanship because i accidentally called him a Modern Game :thumbsup
6151114536bf9-large.jpg

But, if it was a rose comb i dont think he would have won, so that answers my second question.
i dont take very good photos :] he also refused to stand up

Got back from the show, he won reserve Best Old English!
I didnt win anything in Showmanship because i accidentally called him a Modern Game :thumbsup
View attachment 2848495
But, if it was a rose comb i dont think he would have won, so that answers my second question.
i dont take very good photos :] he also refused to stand up
Wow! Huge congrats on the win!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

Back
Top Bottom