correct worming treatment

jellyfish147

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
hi, i have 3 bovine browns that are eating and drinking and laying well but today i noticed on my poop run that one of the faeces had tiny "swimmers" in it, im presuming this is worms.
My Eggs are totally for family use and they are fed on layer pellets
I have a few questions that you guys hopefully will be able to answer...
1. is this product ok?....Flubenvet 1% medicated premixture 60g?
2. Should i discard any eggs that i have already?
3. Should i throw away any eggs after ive administered flubenvet?

thanks for any responses in advance

hi, i have 3 bovine browns that are eating and drinking and laying well but today i noticed on my poop run that one of the faeces had tiny "swimmers" in it, im presuming this is worms.
My Eggs are totally for family use and they are fed on layer pellets
I have a few questions that you guys hopefully will be able to answer...
1. is this product ok?....Flubenvet 1% medicated premixture 60g?
2. Should i discard any eggs that i have already?
3. Should i throw away any eggs after ive administered flubenvet?

thanks for any responses in advance
Flubenvet 1% premix is a good wormer. There is no egg withdrawal. There is a 7 day slaughter withdrawal.
http://poultrykeeper.com/poultry-medication/flubenvet-60g-packs-for-worming-chickens
http://www.chickenvet.co.uk/Uploads/Info/51.pdf

Last edited:
Don't know where you are located but here in the UK you can buy Layers Pellets with the Flubenvet already incorporated in them so no need for fiddling around with quantity and worrying whether each bird got the right dose or not. It is manufactured by a company called Marriages.

Use Flubenvet or parazol, Flubenvet is the better product for hens because there is no egg withdrawal, but there is a small meat withdrawal (you can't slaughter the bird for 7 days after use

thanks for replies..
how come flubenvet 1% is £15.99 but flubenvet 5% is only £7..which should i buy?
secondly...are the eggs i have already gathered upto today ok to eat? ( ive yet to treat the hens)

Back
Top Bottom