Corronation Sussex

Quote:
The Splits look like Light Sussex
wink.png

Steve

Quote:
We sent you a response via email.

If you want them now and Blue Poultry is able to ship that is good option.

You may want to check with Keesmom on the BYC to see if she has any and able to ship.

When and if the weather breaks we will be here!

Here's my splits. They have given me 3 Coronations out of 9 chicks that I have hatched. But, I lost 2 during incubation, so really out of 11. You get 25% Coronation.

Justin has very nice birds. Mine are a very pretty bright white, with no discoloration at all. My Roo weighs about 13 lbs now, maybe a little more. He is enormous. The hen is average size.

34583_dominous1.jpg

34583_coronation_split_pullet.jpg

Quote:
That's the bad part. You can not tell! So, I am keeping all the Coronations and maybe a few of the pullets. I'm going to process the Roo's
hide.gif
(The Lights/splits, not the Coronation Roos)

So do you think it would be better just to get a few splits and breed them to get the coronations or should i just get pure coronations?

If I would have had the $500 plus shipping, I would have gotten the Coronations, but I didn't have that much, so I got the splits. It will take a lot longer to build up your flock. If you have the money I would say go for the Pure's, if not, then start with the splits. Mine started laying at 6 months old.

About every 10-12 chicks you hatch you'll get 2 or 3 Pure Coronations chicks.

Quote:
Or get a Coronation roo and split pullet. Then you'll get 50% Coronations and 50% splits.

Problem now is being able to ship anything! I have some but it's too hot to send them just about everywhere, even if we get a break in the heat here.

Back
Top Bottom