Corrugated plastic roof panels over cattle panel run

I have the smoke grey corrugated panels on my coop roof, and we just bought a bunch more to cover the run with. I absolutely love them!
They DO NOT drip condensation, unlike metal ones. The tinted ones are better than clear because they don’t allow full sunlight in which creates a greenhouse effect, hot. Smoke grey was from Lowe’s, but the henyard will have Home Depot’s version as Lowe’s was sold out. They’re similar.
However, they must have the full complement of fasteners to keep them secure, I have to add a few more where I skimped.
I think someone else here at BYC ran a 1x2“ or something lengthwise on the inside to fasten their panels to, effectively sandwiching the cattle panel in the middle on their hoop coop. Or you could add pvc or conduit pipe horizontally every couple feet, but I think the 1x2” ( x 8’? 12’? long) would be easier. Either way you’ll probably need someone on the inside holding the board or pipe up while someone drives the fasteners in from the outside.
This is exactly what I'm planning to mount. Did you use the wavy supports sold just for these panels (I'm going to use the Home Depot SunTuf)? How has yours help up?

This is exactly what I'm planning to mount. Did you use the wavy supports sold just for these panels (I'm going to use the Home Depot SunTuf)? If not, how did you you elevate your plastic panels so they are not sitting on the metal panel? How has yours help up?

Back
Top Bottom