Cortunix Quail?

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I had just asked last night about BobWhite quail, but after finding out that Cortunix Quail will fit better for what i want them for (tamer/more meat..) I am having the darndest time finding much information on them.

My main question which I asked on my other post, but since I need to kind of know here soon (want to purchase the eggs today) I thought i'd hurry and make a new post incase someone can help me.

In Pennsylvania, does anyone know if Cortunix Quail need a permit? If they do that's fine i'll get one, I have no problem withthat, however i want to know that way I can be prepaired. I DID email the game commision about bobwhite quails before I knew I did need a permit and I haven't heard abck from them about that so I dont think i should email them again about another type now when I havent even heard back from tehm about teh first email ha ha! So any help would be appreciated.

Everyones been saying that BobWhites and Pheasants need em, so do Cortunix not need them???
I had some really rude guy on another forum (who knew the answer to my question) tell me to ask the game commission instead of just answering my question....luckily this forum isn't like that you guys are all very pleasant and willing to help I very much so appreciate that!
smile.png

Niki

Nevermind guys, I was searching and thanks to this group I found a post FROM this forum where a lady in PA was selling some Cortunix. She stated right on her post that since they are not native to PA they do not need a permit! YAY!
big_smile.png
Soo even though no one answered my specific question thanks to this forum it was answered for me yay!
big_smile.png

Cortunix eggs on the way! They'll probably be here next weekend EEK i canooooot waiiit!
big_smile.png

I have 50 in my incubator right now. They are friendly compared to the bobwhites and a bit bigger. Their eggs are pretty all speckled. Should be interesting how many we hatch out since we got these locally and not mail order. Good luck with your eggs!

Have fun with them! I started only wanting a couple and have mostly bobwhites but after keeping 10 for a short time I came to really love them and now have over 50 coturnix quail in various colors. They will provide you with a lot of meat and eggs when they get older. The eggs seem so easy to hatch as well.

Back
Top Bottom