corturnix quails not hatching???????

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

They will rock and roll for a couple days before hatching. Just let them be. When they pip, (break a hole through the shell to breath) don't panic when they sit there for 24+ hours not hatching. They are busy absorbing the last of the yolk and detatching from the inside of the egg. So for now, get your humidity up to 65% and do not open the incubator if any egg is pipping! This will cause them to dry out and stick to the inside of the shell. If you have to, add damp sponges to get the humidity up. So just sit back at wait at this point. I know it is very hard. :)

I know it is stressful! LOL Obviously since they are rocking around, you have done things right. So just keep your humidity up. This will help to soften the shell to make it easier to zip out and just wait. Again, let them pip and sit there as long as they need to. Keep us posted!!! Nothing cuter than quail babies!!! LOL I always had so much fun hatching my Bobwhites. Just tiny as bumblebees!! :)

yeah they are really cute and also I didn't see them rocking outside of the shell only when I candle them I see them moving in the shell is that ok
hu.gif

These are Coturnix? If your temp was a bit low, this can cause the hatch date to be pushed up a couple days. Moving inside the eggs is exactly what they should be doing. Just let them do their thing. Sounds like everything is going well right now. Just try to be patient and let them do what they need to do. :)

oh ok thanks ill try to be as patient as I can lol
pop.gif
and also one more question can they eat medicated chick feed cause that's all I have and yes they are corturnix

Yes they can eat medicated chick starter. But they should be on gamebird feed and not chicken feed. There is not enough protein in regular chicken chick starter for proper growth of quail and it can really mess them up, especially in the brain. So try to use gamebird starter. Something with 26% to 28% protein, but yes it can be medicated. :)

Back
Top Bottom