Coturnix Candling Pics

sbw82

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2015
This is my 2nd attempt at hatching anything. My first attempt was with 5 Corturnix eggs and they did not develop. In this batch I have 17 eggs. They had been stored from anywhere to 1 day to 2 weeks before I placed them in the incubator. I had stored them at room temp because I thought that was okay. So, I am not expected much from this hatch but maybe a few will make it. I candled today at day 11. I have 3 pics of the various stages of my eggs. Some are green with what looks like a gray mass and an air cell. A few have what may be a blood ring??? And then there are a few that are pretty much dark with some glowing at the smaller end. These aren't great quality but if you have the experience please tell me what you think if you don't mind. My next batch is being stored in my garage. Thanks!

The first egg has a blood ring, the second is infertile, but the last one is good! Congrads. If the egg is transparent 11 days, it is infertile. Better to throw out clear eggs, than to keep them in the incubator and then they rot and contaminate the healthy eggs.

Best of luck with your hatch!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom