Coturnix female struggling to walk! Help!

Thank you for the advice, will do. Should I keep her inside and totally alone? I don’t know how social they really are, should she have a friend? Once someone else comes home I’ll try to get some better pictures, may not be posted till somewhat late tonight though.
If you can keep her in sight of her friends that's great, but I would bring her inside just for the night to keep an eye on her. It sounds like she just has a minor injury and she might be fine in the morning. It's just a good idea to keep an eye on her for a while.

If you can keep her in sight of her friends that's great, but I would bring her inside just for the night to keep an eye on her. It sounds like she just has a minor injury and she might be fine in the morning. It's just a good idea to keep an eye on her for a while.
Awesome. Thank you, I’ll take your advice and give her a little warm soak and let her rest !

image.jpg
Inside crew for the night, she’s relaxing in fresh, fresh bedding with plenty food and water again with vitamins and electrolytes. Thank you again for the advice!

I had a chick who started limping when she was one week old. I separated her from her siblings and mum (she was hatched by her mother) and put her with another chick I had (who was a few days younger). I never found any physical injuries, and the limp went away on its own eventually.

Been two days of watching her, movement has improved but still wobbly.
I had a chick who started limping when she was one week old. I separated her from her siblings and mum (she was hatched by her mother) and put her with another chick I had (who was a few days younger). I never found any physical injuries, and the limp went away on its own eventually.
im hoping that’s what I find with her! She’s getting better slowly, had to remove the young rooster I’d gotten with her since he was bullying, but he didn’t harm her enough for her injury to be irritated again. She’s doing well, just still a bit hobbly

Back
Top Bottom