Coturnix in lockdown, when should I become concerned?

My tibetan quail have been hatching since day 18 it is now day 23 and still hatching is this normale I get a few every day 50 so far out of 100 eggs all started at same time in incubater

My tibetan quail have been hatching since day 18 it is now day 23 and still hatching is this normale I get a few every day 50 so far out of 100 eggs all started at same time in incubater

From what I've read people say that they usually hatch all at once or nearly so. I had a similar experience to you except I had far fewer eggs than you. What kind of incubator do you have? I read that my issue may have been hot and cool spots in my still air bator.

I have a little giant still air incubater with a auto turner

That's exactly what used as well. So I would think that my answer applies to you as well. I did put the little craft rocks in the bottom water wells to try and even out the temp. It help a lot. There was a 2-3 degree variance through the whole bator before I did that. Afterwards it was somewhere between 1 and 2 degree variance. I think every LG will vary a bit though. I have 2 of them and one is a temp and humidity nightmare, the other does fairly well. No idea why there's such a difference. They're the exact same model.
hu.gif

Thats funny I have 2 of them too and they both are differnt same models ill try the craft rock thing next time I wonder when I should give up on hatchings when I think there done another one pops out

Well if you don't need it for anything else, maybe wait 48 hours from the last hatched? Once you get a 48 hour period where nothing is happening you could float test. That's what I would do personally but it's really up to how long your want to wait

I had to take it out they are making a mess with the dust LOL. no the other 2 did not hatch but the 8 out of 10 that made it to lock down seem to be doing fine. They sleep ALOT tho. all seem to be doing good with food and water where one ive only seen eat food but that doesnt mean hes not getting water.

Back
Top Bottom