Coturnix in lockdown, when should I become concerned?

My tibetan quail have been hatching since day 18 it is now day 23 and still hatching is this normale I get a few every day 50 so far out of 100 eggs all started at same time in incubater

100?!?!
ep.gif
holy cow. how do you have the patients for that LOL. my 8 are keeping me busy with there messes and such

100?!?!
ep.gif
holy cow. how do you have the patients for that LOL. my 8 are keeping me busy with there messes and such

oh and I would put mutiple tempature gauges to see how consistant the temp is. all my 8 hatched in the same day with a few hours apart from eachother. but of course 100 eggs is alot more so some will hatch at different times. were they shipped eggs or did you buy them localy or were they yours? did you candle them and take the duds out so there were no clear eggs once you put them in lockdown?

Last edited:
if it was 99 that should be fine. leave the eggs in there for a few extra days the one degree could make then have a delayed hatch depending how early in the incubation process it was. if they dont hatch in say 3 days float test them like substained said. they could just be duds from rough handling or something during shipping

heres some pictures of the babies :3

Every time i walk in the room theres atleast one laying on its side or like this and i keep thinking they
are dead
hide.gif

They're so CUTE!! Lol mine still lay like that when they sleep but it freaked me out the first few days or so because I was just sure I'd lost one. It reminds me of a drunk passed out in an alleyway
lau.gif

heres some pictures of the babies :3

Every time i walk in the room theres atleast one laying on its side or like this and i keep thinking they
are dead
hide.gif

Anytime I have chicks and someone comes over they think there are a couple of dead ones. I've never had chicken chicks lounge or sleep like that! I think it just goes to show you how domestic coturnix are that they will lay sprawled like this. No sense of self-preservation at all. A chicken will always have at least one foot under them in case they have to push off and bolt somewhere. Not so our little quail.

Anytime I have chicks and someone comes over they think there are a couple of dead ones. I've never had chicken chicks lounge or sleep like that! I think it just goes to show you how domestic coturnix are that they will lay sprawled like this. No sense of self-preservation at all. A chicken will always have at least one foot under them in case they have to push off and bolt somewhere. Not so our little quail.

So true lol

Back
Top Bottom