Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

I kept my breeders over winter and all are fine, without losses. We have had -13 here, I have them in a 3 sided building in cages. I only raise coturnix tho. Most important thing is making sure fresh water is available, those temps are a real pain. I take water out after dark, and replace it every few hours in the daylight. I am retired so am home most days. If I can't be here, my DDs watch over my birds.

How long does it take for a cotlurnix chick to come out of his shell, he's made one hole and it's been the same for 4 hours?..

How long does it take for a cotlurnix chick to come out of his shell, he's made one hole and it's been the same for 4 hours?..

It takes a lot of work to make that little hole. He will sleep for hours before he gets down to the business of hatching. Usually they rest up to 14 hours, but some go sooner, and some a bit later. For me, if they pip in the evening, I usually expect to see them hatch around noon the following day.

O
It takes a lot of work to make that little hole. He will sleep for hours before he gets down to the business of hatching. Usually they rest up to 14 hours, but some go sooner, and some a bit later. For me, if they pip in the evening, I usually expect to see them hatch around noon the following day.
ok thank you very much, I thought they would die inside the shell of the didnt ce out with 6 hours or so.

You are all again cordially invited to the Spring Lake Elsinore, CPP/BYC South meet-up. The date is Saturday, March 28th, and the location will be at Lakepoint Park, at 420 E Lakeshore Dr Lake Elsinore, CA. 92530. Starts at 10am (set up as early as you want, please bring me some donuts and coffee, lol) and goes until dusk or when Susan stops talking lol. There are trees, a playground, restrooms, and a limited amount of picnic tables w/bbq's (3 in the area). Plenty of parking, but will have to make an aprox 100 yard walk. The spot is overlooking the lake and the weather should be perfect. So come one, come all and tell a friend and pack a picnic lunch.
Feel free to add pictures of what you're looking for or what you want to bring. And please share the thread. Any questions, PM me... Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom