Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

I've really been enjoying them. Going to try to hatch out eggs once I get a new incubator.several of my hens are laying

They lay very well. I started keeping them because the eggs are super rich in nutrients and proteins. My 80 year old mom just loves them hard boiled. Youngest DD and I have contests who can get the longest peel from the eggs lol. My Dad, also in his early 80s will eat them. Hard to get my parents protein levels up and the quail eggs have really helped.

Update on dribbles. ....
He is doing great, his eye opens just a little and his feathers are growing back. He seems to be very happy, we have not gotten any females yet but he is outside in a cage near our chickens. He does let me pet him now too. I'll get a new pic if him later tonight

Ive noticed my quail hens lay their eggs in the evening..is that normal? My chickens lay eggs in the mornings.

Ive noticed my quail hens lay their eggs in the evening..is that normal? My chickens lay eggs in the mornings.

They are all on a rotation based on species. Chickens are supposedly able to lay every 25 hours depending on breed. Not sure on quail, haven't looked it up yet but google searches shows daily if nutritional needs are met. Bottom line is feed the highest protein feed you can get, plenty of clean water and oyster shell/calcium. Your cots will do the rest.

Back
Top Bottom