Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

What color is this chick???
Next chick pic as soon as her fuzz dries

I has to clean out the cage and didn't find the egg until I dumped it. I had noticed her in the nest almost every time I checked her but had though she was just sitting to be comfy. I put some more hay in the cage and put the egg in and put her back in the cage. We will see what she does.
She is a mature bird not a young one and I have heard that being older increases the chances that they will go broody.

I've got five cots, all white, in the house that were two days late. All five of them have wry neck and are being supplemented. Out of all of those eggs, I wonder why these five came out wry? I'm guessing same as chickens, temperature.

We've got another 300 going into the hatcher on Thursday. Most are presold. Anyone else hatching?

I've got five cots, all white, in the house that were two days late. All five of them have wry neck and are being supplemented. Out of all of those eggs, I wonder why these five came out wry? I'm guessing same as chickens, temperature.

We've got another 300 going into the hatcher on Thursday. Most are presold. Anyone else hatching?
I plan to hatch! As soon as my birds start laying and I get an incubator

I has to clean out the cage and didn't find the egg until I dumped it. I had noticed her in the nest almost every time I checked her but had though she was just sitting to be comfy. I put some more hay in the cage and put the egg in and put her back in the cage. We will see what she does.
She is a mature bird not a young one and I have heard that being older increases the chances that they will go broody.
Perhaps she has been. Has she only layed one egg?

I have quail eggs in my incubator and I would love to be able to put them with her once they hatch.

Everyone kept saying that quail don't like new things so I worried about bringing her home and changing everything for her but this girl only took a day to realize the new stuff was special food and now goes straight for whatever I offer her. And so far she hasn't stopped laying because of the move. Lol, sure it has only been two days but I had figured it could be a couple weeks before she settled enough for me to get an egg every day. Maybe she just hasn't had time to stop herself from laying yet.

I have quail eggs in my incubator and I would love to be able to put them with her once they hatch.

Everyone kept saying that quail don't like new things so I worried about bringing her home and changing everything for her but this girl only took a day to realize the new stuff was special food and now goes straight for whatever I offer her. And so far she hasn't stopped laying because of the move. Lol, sure it has only been two days but I had figured it could be a couple weeks before she settled enough for me to get an egg every day. Maybe she just hasn't had time to stop herself from laying yet.
What colour is she? Is she alone? My pair have been here 2 weeks and not one egg :(

The lady I got her from had stopped collecting her eggs so she had a pile of them all over her cage. I got her Thursday night. Friday morning she layer an egg and just walked away and left it. Today I thought she hadn't laid any egg but I found her laying in a little nest. She got up to eat and drink and walk around and I saw no egg. I put her on a new bigger cage and she seemed happy at first but after an hour she got all jumpy and kept fluttering around and charging/flying at one spot where the wire had bigger spaces. I quickly threw some hay into her old tiny cage and put the egg in and put her in there and she settles right down for a minute them ate and drank and just relaxed. I don't get it. Her old cage was huge. I thought she would be happier in a bigger cage but she went kinda crazy in it.

The lady I got her from had stopped collecting her eggs so she had a pile of them all over her cage. I got her Thursday night. Friday morning she layer an egg and just walked away and left it. Today I thought she hadn't laid any egg but I found her laying in a little nest. She got up to eat and drink and walk around and I saw no egg. I put her on a new bigger cage and she seemed happy at first but after an hour she got all jumpy and kept fluttering around and charging/flying at one spot where the wire had bigger spaces. I quickly threw some hay into her old tiny cage and put the egg in and put her in there and she settles right down for a minute them ate and drank and just relaxed. I don't get it. Her old cage was huge. I thought she would be happier in a bigger cage but she went kinda crazy in it.
Oh. They are strange things. I really want my first egg. My 5 little ones all appear to be male and im P/O

Back
Top Bottom