Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

Quail can be hatched from under a lamp!!!
One of my eggs have hatched, even tho they lost heat for at least 6 hours!!!! Hoping for more!

Quail can be hatched from under a lamp!!!
One of my eggs have hatched, even tho they lost heat for at least 6 hours!!!! Hoping for more!
Wow, that is cool. Let us know what your hatch rate was... I do know that when you keep your quail happy the hatch rate increases... 75-85% makes for a lot of babies!

Sadly I got my eggs from a store down the street so no idea how well the breeders were treated :( another egg peeped! But I'm seeing 1 peep and one crack on the other side of the egg???

Out of 18 eggs 12 developed... But then my bulb went out and there are a lot of blood rings :hit

Chick 2 passed in her shell, after a while of not noticing any movement I decided to help her out...but I was to late :hit

Last edited:
Tomorrow is day 14 for my quail eggs. I haven't really candled and plan on doing it as I take them put of the turner and put them onto baskets for Lockdown.

23 out of 33 of my little quail hatched
wee.gif
I am pretty happy with my first attempt at hatching quail (shipped from OK to MT makes even more astounding!)

Back
Top Bottom