Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

Once you remove the courtnix roosters how long will the hens continue to lay fertile eggs? I processed my older roosters 10 days ago keeping a young male in their place that is not yet breeding. Now I have a customer wanting chicks. Would any of their eggs be fertile from the former roosters?

I know one way to find out :)

Throw 'em in the incubator

Once you remove the courtnix roosters how long will the hens continue to lay fertile eggs? I processed my older roosters 10 days ago keeping a young male in their place that is not yet breeding. Now I have a customer wanting chicks. Would any of their eggs be fertile from the former roosters?

They MIGHT be. But the sperm at this point wouldn't be very strong if it exists.

Fertility will remain for at least 5-7 days once bred and can last as long as 14.

I am not certain but I think you can tell the difference in the eggs by color. I have several golden and wild color females and I get two distinct color patterns on the eggs. In the cages where there are only wild color I only get eggs like the one on the right and in cages where there are Goldens I get the color pattern on the left.
I am not an expert I am just a dude who raises quail for food and fun. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom