Coturnix Quail Basics- Information and Pictures Galore

For my birds to lay, I give 24 hour free choice of game bird feed, constant water (nor run out for any period of time) and they REALLY lay big time when I give sand. Also your males may be over breeding ur females, 2 to 2 isn't a good ratio. I've found bad ratios have messed with my birds laying too

Does anyone use PDZ in their pens? I have solid bottom pens, that I scoop out 2x a week.

Are you using only PDZ or mixing with something else?

Mixing it with play sand. It is working great, use a cat litter scoop and then add more. Just curious if anyone else is doing the same. My pen is a brooder box/quail pens with wooden bottom. One pen has my breeding bunch the other two are empty for now.

My quail pen/ brooder without the doors. The doors just slide left and right to open and close. I installed a strand of LED lights so each space is lit. It works more like a Woods Coop I think. I keep a fan on my adults when needed.

Welcome to the thread Bhu! Please let us know how your hatch goes. I have 50 in mine with a week left on them.

lol that will be like 50 crazy bumble bees with legs all running round like crazy ha ha ha too cute to imagine! Will let you know how my humble 12 hatch goes. Still got 10 days...
1f609.png
1f603.png

My quail pen/ brooder without the doors. The doors just slide left and right to open and close. I installed a strand of LED lights so each space is lit. It works more like a Woods Coop I think. I keep a fan on my adults when needed.

I'd be interested to know how the sliding door thing works for you. How are can you,open it before you'd loose control of the birds and risk one getting out? Looks very smart. You have some great DIY skills there.

Back
Top Bottom