Coturnix Quail Chicks Hatching today!

TheMartianChick

Songster
14 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Mars... I mean Central NY
Hi, everybody!

I haven't posted here in a long time. My original flocks came from 2 posters here at BYC (Pop57 and Linebacker) but I haven't hatched any quail or chickens in about 2 or 3 years. Today is the day! I have 7 eggs in the incubator and at least 4 seem to be about to hatch. I've got pips! I hadn't planned on hatching anymore for awhile, but my original birds are becoming elderly and I didn't want to take any chances on not being able to hatch replacements due to fertility issues... The eggs in the incubator are from a cage of 3 birds: a chocolate male, a Texas A&M hen and a brown coturnix hen of some sort. I'm hoping for some interesting combinations like maybe a tuxedo! So, is anybody else hatching today?

Oooh, that would make you a hatchaholic! I'm watching the first one hatch and planning to set some of the Texas A&M eggs... I had forgotten how much fun this was!! Hubby would probbaly divorce me if I tried to hatch more than 15 right now.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
5/7 not bad! ~80% would love that.

we are due to hatch some browns next couple days.

where in central NY? most of my paternal relatives have spent time in Utica, Syracuse and Rochester penitentiaries, bars and racetracks.

OH set another dozen or so, you know you want too!!! Good husbands are so thick ya cant throw yer hat down without hit'n one....
lau.gif
Bill

Quote:
The babies are in a mini-brooder on my dresser until tomorrow. Hubby just went to bed and I heard him mutter that they sound like mice caught in a trap! He questioned me pretty good about the reasons for setting these eggs in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom